Excel Microsoft Powerpoint/Excel Graphs 2007

Reaction score
I set up a powerpoint presentation with graphs on each slide. Each graph is linked to a different Excel spreadsheet. The way that they're linked is I created the chart in Excel, Copy and Special Pasted the graph to Powerpoint. It all works fine with my computer but when I send the documents to my co-worker, who has the same program, the link doesn't work anymore. When I try to re-do the copy/paste connection it'll work once then the next time I try to open or edit the Excel sheet from the graph a Microsoft Office Security Notice pop-up with come up saying

"Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern

Warning: there is no digital signature available

*File path*"

Then asks me if I want to Enable add-in for this session only or to leave it disabled. no matter which one I click it still won't work.
No clue how to fix it.:mad:

Reaction score
Candice,

Have you looked into OLE and embedding the spreadsheet into the PPT file? Insert>object>from file

I recently used OLE to embed .DOC and .PPT files into Access. If you have a use case please add it and I will see if it aligns with my recent activity.

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
Thanks,

It didn't really work the way I wanted it to. It connected the two but it only put the number info and I need the line graph off the Excel document.

Any other ways of linking the graph to the powerpoint?

Reaction score
Having Excel data linked into Powerpoint shows work well, though to make things easier, have you tried placing the file on a network, then sending your coworker the link.

If the Powerpoint is on the network, and the excel feeds are also within the shared network, then when your coworker clicks on the file it should work.
Also helps when you have multipe spreadsheets of excel data snycing into powerpoint for rolling powerpoint shows, make a good looking Daily Stats.

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you are dabbling in hyperlinking your graphs and powerpoint. This only works when all files are on the same computer. I did something similar a few years ago. The best way to go about doing this effectively is actually embedding your files. I know you want the graphs, but unless you embed the file, you will not be able to grant access to anyone. Alternatively, there are add-ins available that could help you with your dilemma. I just discovered this one; http://www.threedify.com/en/lightweight-3d/ms-office-add-ins/excel-xyz. Because you can export an image or video of your graph directly within excel, it might help. Its more for 3D graphs, but it might be an option.

Ask a Question