Microlabs FC360 2.1 Speakers

Reaction score
I have recently bought a new set of speakers to replace my old Sony 2.1 which the amp gave up the ghost. I bought on line relying on reviews on different web sites I was not wanting to spend more than £50. They arrived two days after I ordered them and on unpacking them found they were easy to set up. what did I get in the box ? Well I got two speakers a sub unit and a seperate amp/controller all items in a pleasing design and all in black and esthetically pleasing the only con on the amp unit was the sub control nob is placed on the rear of the unit, but it is only a little niggle, the main volume control is situated on the front of the unit, all of the items are well made. Removing the old sound system and installing the new one took about 15 minute's. The speakers and the sub are constructed with MDF which helps with the acoustics rather than the plastic that are usual in this price range.

This is the main part HOW DO THEY SOUND, well the first thing I played was Baby Elephant Walk Bert Kaempfert, amazing I was hearing instruments and notes that I had not heard before with the expensive Sony ones.Next on was Alamaba with If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) everything I have played from electronic to classical has been the same a rich accurate sound just like you have the musicians in the room playing to you and they have sounded better and better as the speakers bedded in. I cannot praise them enough. If you have a limited budget and are unable to purchase speakers in excess of £100 go for these as the sound is fantastic and in my opinion are the best buy. Best system, best price and you can get from several on suppliers on line for £50 to £55.

Technical Specifications
  • Amplifier specs Output power54, Watt RMSPower distribution15x2+24, WattHarmonic distortion0,3, % (1Watt, 1kHz)Frequency response35-20 000, HzSignal/Noise ratio75, dBSeparation45, dB
  • peakers specs Tweeter driver type2,5,Tweeter rated power15, WattBass driver type6,5,Bass rated power30, Watt
  • InterfacesOutput3RCAInput3,5 stereo, 2RCA
  • DimensionsSatellites89 x 202 x 102, mmSubwoofer255 x 255 x 287, mmAmplifier75 x 200 x 200, mmProduct Net weight9,4, kg

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Bootneck! Sounds like you're got yourself a good set of speakers there :).

It looks like Dabs do these (here) for £49.99 - they look nice too!

Reaction score
Yes Ian that is where I got them and they do sound great. Microlabs seem big in the Australia, New Zealand, the African countries, and Asian countries but only 3 web sites in the UK seem to sell them that is Amazon, Dabs and one other site I cannot remember.

Last edited:

Ask a Question