Micro Direct Disgrace

Reaction score
Micro Direct comments

To all people who order with them.

here a e-mail i got from them.

what do people think?.

Dear Customer,

Not sure what the purpose of your mail is?

95% of our customers get their orders complete, and delivered on time. This is
above the standard accepted by e-commerce.

Delivery problems are generally due to the information given by the customer
being incorrect or dur to the fact that there is no-one at home to accept the
parcel when the delivery is attempted.

As you will be aware, Micro Direct, like all other e-commerce businesses,
undertakes to find a carrier on your behalf, acting as your agent, and you are
at liberty to arrange your own method of delivery if the one we find for you is
not acceptable.

As a responsible company Micro Direct will give refunds to our customers once
the case has been fully investigated to make sure that a refund is warranted.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
michael555 said:
To all people who order with them.

here a e-mail i got from them.

what do people think?.

Dear Customer,

Not sure what the purpose of your mail is?

Delivery problems are generally due to the information given by the customer
being incorrect or dur to the fact that there is no-one at home to accept the
parcel when the delivery is attempted.

As you will be aware, Micro Direct, like all other e-commerce businesses,
undertakes to find a carrier on your behalf, acting as your agent, and you are
at liberty to arrange your own method of delivery if the one we find for you is
not acceptable.

As a responsible company Micro Direct will give refunds to our customers once
the case has been fully investigated to make sure that a refund is warranted.

Basically what their saying is 'Customers are always wrong, we're always right, now prove its our fault'

Frankly after what I've read I wouldn't buy anything from this company.:mad:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

That bit made me raise an eyebrow.

Says who?

Methinks they're making up statistics to justify their own mistakes and general all round shoddiness.

And 95% IS NOT acceptable to this customer, anyway.

Reaction score
Product: Motherboard
If you are lucky enough to receive your correct order on time and it works (you will be lucky) then that's ok, if like me you get a defected product you're in for a nightmare. I purchased a motherboard and it arrived ok - when we put my new pc together we found the usb pin heads on the board were dead also one of the usbs to the back of board were dead and only one firewire port worked so I did all they tell you to do on their site for returns. They received this on the 3rd of March at my expense, I heard nothing for a few days so I phoned their customer 'care' line.

What a joke! Don't waist your time.

28 mins waiting to get through and I was cut off. Every time I phoned this number (about 6) I was on hold for over 25 mins then I got cut off, so I phoned their retail number (who answer straight away). I told them of my problem and guess what? They put me on hold for 40 mins. When someone answered they had no idea what I was talking about and cut me off. Undeterred I phoned again and said I was someone else with a large order and would only place it with a manager. I got put through to a manager straight away. I told him my story, he apologised and promised he would send out a brand new board next day (15 days after they received the board) via Amtrax. It did come and I was very surprised and pleased - this was short lived - as I opened the box it was clear it had been used. I put my machine together and it had the same faults - it was the same board even though I had a receipt with 'replaced under warranty'!.

If you or someone you know need parts don't be fooled by their fancy adverts or smart website - they are con-merchants only interested in your money. They fail on every aspect of customer satisfaction - their staff are rude, complacent and they pass you around their office from one to the other.

STAY CLEAR. I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH EVERY CONSUMER - WATCHDOG FORUMS ETC ETC I CAN TO WARN PEOPLE OF THIS **IT COMPANY.

Reaction score
thirtythree said:
Product: Motherboard
If you are lucky enough to receive your correct order on time and it works (you will be lucky) then that's ok, if like me you get a defected product you're in for a nightmare. I purchased a motherboard and it arrived ok - when we put my new pc together we found the usb pin heads on the board were dead also one of the usbs to the back of board were dead and only one firewire port worked so I did all they tell you to do on their site for returns. They received this on the 3rd of March at my expense, I heard nothing for a few days so I phoned their customer 'care' line.

What a joke! Don't waist your time.

28 mins waiting to get through and I was cut off. Every time I phoned this number (about 6) I was on hold for over 25 mins then I got cut off, so I phoned their retail number (who answer straight away). I told them of my problem and guess what? They put me on hold for 40 mins. When someone answered they had no idea what I was talking about and cut me off. Undeterred I phoned again and said I was someone else with a large order and would only place it with a manager. I got put through to a manager straight away. I told him my story, he apologised and promised he would send out a brand new board next day (15 days after they received the board) via Amtrax. It did come and I was very surprised and pleased - this was short lived - as I opened the box it was clear it had been used. I put my machine together and it had the same faults - it was the same board even though I had a receipt with 'replaced under warranty'!.

If you or someone you know need parts don't be fooled by their fancy adverts or smart website - they are con-merchants only interested in your money. They fail on every aspect of customer satisfaction - their staff are rude, complacent and they pass you around their office from one to the other.

STAY CLEAR. I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH EVERY CONSUMER - WATCHDOG FORUMS ETC ETC I CAN TO WARN PEOPLE OF THIS **IT COMPANY.

Hello has anyone contact computer active about this. They give advice about buying from online companys. there website is http://www.computeractive.co.uk/.
They have mag out every 2wks.

They will sometimes look into your case for you.

Try: manchester trading standards.

There website is http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/manchester/

Reaction score
Well its now been 10 months and still no refund.

MD have clearly ignored my hand written letter, if anyones not read my case ive been waiting for MD to refund me £600+ cash from last year late Summer.

So for people complaining about 6 weeks or 3 months your all small timers, I think I win for waiting the longest for my refund in this thread.

Can anyone else recommend a course of action since these people dont answer emails or letters of phones?

I think I need some cheap solicitors, if I do go thru a court case will MD have to pay up? Ive kept all the emails of them promising my 600 quid refund as well with dates and all/got the Staff name of Lyndon also.....

Any ideas where to go from here on ? Are there any online solicitors (cheap ones)

Reaction score
HighlandeR said:
Well its now been 10 months and still no refund.

MD have clearly ignored my hand written letter, if anyones not read my case ive been waiting for MD to refund me £600+ cash from last year late Summer.

So for people complaining about 6 weeks or 3 months your all small timers, I think I win for waiting the longest for my refund in this thread.

Can anyone else recommend a course of action since these people dont answer emails or letters of phones?

I think I need some cheap solicitors, if I do go thru a court case will MD have to pay up? Ive kept all the emails of them promising my 600 quid refund as well with dates and all/got the Staff name of Lyndon also.....

Any ideas where to go from here on ? Are there any online solicitors (cheap ones)

Try a small claim court. If you win and you have all the information to back u .Then MD will have to pay up.

10 months is a long time for a refund.Looks like there not paying you the money back at all.

Found a site for a online solictior http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

have a look there.

Reaction score
Hello all, especially ANONOLEE,
I have finally received my refund from Microdirect. It took roughly 8 weeks from first retuning the Mp3 player.
I never managed to get through on the customer services line at all, god know how many e-mails back and forth.
but I suppoose I'm lucky in that all I lost was the postage. And my time and nervous energy of course. (considerable!!)
Persevereance seems to have paid off in the end.

Reaction score
Public article

hi guys!

I am a training journalist, i am writing articles about "easy" informatics for newbies...

I had the unluck to buy something from microdirect, two orders.

the first order came with no problems, on time and a good price.

two weeks later I have made another order, an internal fan and a laptop hd.

Only the internal fan came and in 5 days i'm still phoning to the company because they can't tell me what happened.

The director of the company is in Pakistan at the moment so i couldn't speak to him.

I have decided to write to some of my higher colleagues to publish the rubbish of microdirect service and if nobody will listen to me i'll write an article on my own, even if my magazine is just nuts.

But I need proofs that what happened to me is not an isolate case.

so, please, all of the people that had troubles with Microdirect please send me an e-mail with complete details of what happened to you, and please consider that what will be published must correspond to truth otherwise we all could be sued for false declarations.

Thanks

Metal

Reaction score
md

What mag are u thinking of working for. You say the director of the company is in pakistan(what the hell is he over there for).

Just look on here how poor md are.

They even told me that 95% of the customer get there order.Am glad i never order from them.

So am sure people on here will e-mail you the truth about md.

E-mail away people!.

Reaction score
Hallelujah......!!!!!!
I have received my goods.
no letter.
no apology.
no idea they were coming.....I had to drive 10 miles to pick them up from a courier's head office.
The only reason I have received the goods, is with the help and advice of people on here, especially the chap who gave me the direct numbers for corporate sales, who answer straight away, and whose office is next to the customer service office!!!!( 0161 2484848 or 0161 2484949 )
Even with this number, I had to phone two or three times a day, and was always promised the customer service manager would phone me back.
He never did.
Finally, after telling Matt (the only helpful person in the company as far as I am concerned), in corporate sales my story (AGAIN), he persuaded the customer service manager SAQIB SHOAIB to ring me back.
Hey presto...all I had to do was say that I was going to ring him every hour on the hour until he could promise me my goods would be delivered!
He said he would look into it.
I never got to speak to him again, but totally out of the blue, the goods arrived three days later!

Great service.....NOT.

Reaction score
Well after 10 months and still trying I got a response but it aint so positive...

There claiming I had 7 day cooling off peroid to send back my DOA graphics card..... Irony is I did do that but 10 months ago!

What a really weird company, can u imagine sending a faulty product back to them after they said they will RMA and refund if for you.... only for them to send it back to you 3 months later....

They also said they will begin the Refund of the TFT but that was 6 days ago and nothing still in my account...

Ill keep trying, I have no choice 10 months and still waiting on £600 refund...

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you guys have been suffering from poor service with Micro Direct.

I recently bought a LaCie RAID system from them, and having initially given them my credit card details, the problems started. The delivery date was missed, I got charged twice in error, calls not returned etc.

However, thanks to two particular individuals at MD, it was all sorted out quickly and to my satisfaction. All the reasons given added up, and true to promise, a refund cheque arrived in the post 3 days after my chaser call to their accounts dept. The goods arrived at the revised date and work like a dream.

After the initial concern, they have satisfied my worries, and I would deal with them again. It's your choice if you want to buy from MD, but I thinks it's fair to suggest that they are not all bad, well, not all the time any way!

Reaction score
I bought a refurbished mp3 player in december and it came with a 12month warranty, well it has stopped working, no matter what i do it wont turn on even with it connected to the power supply. I have emailed them twice and almost 2 weeks later still no reply. I tried phoning them but after 5-10mins still in the line and couldnt be bothered to wait for who knows how long. What a joke! Atleast i have 4 months in which they can contact me or more likely me contact them. I bet they still wont reply.

Reaction score
Progress report:

Well its been over a year regarding my simple Refund of my RMAEd 2 items and its still not resolved:(

I did get my TFT money back, but the graphics card is prooving more difficult.

Ive told them 1000 times in my emails that my Graphics card was faulty and sent back in time for a Refund, and then it was sent back to me saying Unsellable.

But there Customer Services staff keep saying its been over 7 days and 28 days cooling off peroid so I cant have the refund, can u imagine saying that after it was there mess up for not refunding me in the 1st place?

Its like talking to a blank wall.

Ive tried all the emails/contacts, threatening them with legal action has helped.

Ive contacted trading standards.

Yes there Telephone support is very bad They just hang up or your on wait for ages... havent ever got thru yet.

Letters dont help and Emails dont/And phoning is not an option.

Ive even contacted 2 law firms and oddly enough there not interested and giving me the same Microdirect response !

Am stuck for now but will keep phoning/emailing daily.

stuartw101:
You may have 4 months but look at me its gone over the 1 year purchase date and still no refund, thats when they told me a Refund is going thru even...

My advice to anyone is simply dont shop there dont give them stress, yes I know they got products no one else stocks and yes there dirt cheap but in future it will pay to spend a little more and go else where like Ocuk.

Reaction score
I finally got through on the phone i was on the phone from 9.10 til 9.30 lucky i phoned in the morning, anyway they have given me a RMA number and instructions, do i have a choice of getting a refund instead of replacement?

Ask a Question