Windows Vista Messin' With Vista

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Finally got to have a bit of a proper look round this OS and change a few things this evening.

Yep, I wuz bored :D

Only a little though, only thing I done really apart from looking at lots of places I'd never looked at was change the sidebar.

Below are some pix.

The first sidebar gadget is The Weather. That actually comes with XP. Really isn't much cop at all tbh, all it's done so far is tell me the temp is 8 degrees celsius and bugger-all else. Wow Redmond, that's really innovative :rolleyes: If it doesn't do anything else it's going.

The 2nd one is an app launcher. You can add whatever you like but atm I just have the four defaults - My Computer; Control Panel; IE7 & The Recycle Bin. I like this one, third party software. As I can hit the recycle bin from there now - and empty from there as well actually - I've removed the desktop icon for the recycle bin so I have a completely empty desktop :)

And I can always shut down the sidebar if I want to.

Next up is the photo gallery but edited. I took out that horrible orange sample pic and added a whole load of me own. I like this thing.

And lastly a custom clock, I got loads of these now, atm I'm quite taken with this world one.

I got rid of the headline window - I don't like getting depressed, I just access the news when I feel like it ;)

I also had the CPU & memory usage monitor running there for a while but decided I didn't really like it. Also tried a third party similar piece of software - didn't like that either.

You can get this stuff at:

Here & Some stuff here

Pix:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 208
  • sidebar.jpg
    sidebar.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 218
  • quick launch.jpg
    quick launch.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 222

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
LOL are you sure you have enough games installed mate? ;)

You should see the other machine :blush:

And all I ever seem to play is CoD4 & CoD2 online and Oblivion.....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, that weather window does actually do something :)

I changed the temperature setting to Farenheit and have noticed the background pic reflects the weather. Doh.

Because, of course, it was nighttime when I sampled the pic above...

attachment.php

Attachments

• sidebar003.jpg
    sidebar003.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 220

Ask a Question