Windows 7 Delete Folder / File appears when clicking on item

Reaction score
I am using window 7 starter. When I click on a folder or a file, suddenly without my request a delete to the recycle bin prompt pops up. The folder or file does not open up at all. I had to use the Window Task Manager to end the task and close all the many delete prompts that came up.

Please help me how to fix this problem.

Awaiting in anticipating.

Joe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

That's a strange one! Have you restarted the PC since it started doing this?

Did you make any changes or install anything before this started happening? You could try a "system restore" and roll back a day or two until before it started happening?

Reaction score
Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply.

I did do the system restore when the problem occurred last year after I installed AVG 2014. Now even I do system restore it is not fixing the problem, Even the antivirus Kaspersky installation did not fix the problem.

Joe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So it happened after installing AVG? Is that now uninstalled, since you've got Kaspersky running?

Does the AV scan come back clean?

Reaction score
So it happened after installing AVG? Is that now uninstalled, since you've got Kaspersky running?

Does the AV scan come back clean?

I have uninstalled the AVG because of this problem. I have now search on the web and found a similar post in another forum with a solution. The assistant recommended to solve the problem by downloading a program called shexview. How after I install this program the problem is now arrested.

Now I faced another problem. When I want to save ms excel it is asking me to save it as another copy or to overwrite the original.

Joe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas I'm afraid - perhaps someone else may know a solution?

Is formatting your PC and performing a clean install out of the question?

Reaction score
Mine too. Try to look for solutions here. Worked out with my problems back then :)

bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?

Ask a Question