maya laptop needed

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a laptop. I am basicly buying it for uni, i have a big rig at home and that does the trick, but when i am on the move i would like somthing portable so i dont waste time by not being able to do anywork.

I basicaly model using maya and zbrush 3 and as stated before that its for uni, this meaning i am a student and dont have the worlds biggest budget £800 at most (and theres the third problem. i am in the uk and most laptop suggestions i have seen have been american and over $3000 which is insane.)

i dont really care about rendering times, i would rather just have the ability to have maya running smoothly and probably render on my main pc if needs be.

I heard the screen resolution has to be over 1240xwhatever to run maya also.

thanks kebra

P.S cheacked out the note book buying guild but still decided to ask! so please dont shoot :p
also would probably need it before thursday :S as i am going to italy :S

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hello Kebra welcome to the Forums :)

Regarding your hunt for a laptop - you might like to take a look at the Novatech range, which have screen resolutions of 1280x800 also 1680x1050, etc., which come in prices below your budget. Here and Here
They are Core Duo machines and the specs look pretty good (please note that I am a user not a tekkie.) Prices of the linked ones being between £468.83 and £703.83.

A few of the people here have purchased from Novatech - including myself. They deliver very quickly (my desktop was delivered within 24 hours. There is also an IM facility on site, so you could discuss your needs with their Sales or Customer Care team if you have questions.

Good luck :thumb: :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey thanks taffy, will look into it right now! also i have been around since april 2005 but i stopped due to having surgery on my left hand! but i am back now :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooops!:blush: Sorry Kebra, I really should have noticed that you had lots of previous posts - I think I was badly in need of my "elevensis" caffeine hit :lol: I hope that your hand has healed well:nod: :D

Ask a Question