Help with laptop hard drive

Reaction score
hello everyone,

hope everyone is having a gud easter. Problem that i have is that my laptop decided to die on me :mad: , so i decided to take the hard drive out and connect it via an adapter to the desktop. My question is, can i clone the laptop hard drive on to my desktop? i have some programs that were given to me by my uni and i dont have the orginal disc so i would really love to keep using them.

thank you for your help

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
A dead drive is a dead drive , full stop.

If it is not dead and after hooking it up you can see it on your pc then you should be able to get files and folders of it. If it seems dead try a Linux Live CD which may let you get files and folders if it is only nearly dead.

I do not know of any way to transfer installed programs from one disc to another.

However if the drive is not dead yes you may be able to clone it to a hdd on your pc. Try Acronis, Paragon , Parted Magic to do this.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply,
no what i meant was that the laptop is dead not the hard drive. Hard drive is fine, thanks i will give ur suggestion a try.

Thanks alot

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
In that case use Acronis. If you do not have the program I can help out. There are a lot of freeware alternatives but I have never used any so can not give recommendations.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question