Mail Profile

dgaunt

I am running a 64 bit version of W7, and have Outlook 2007 (enterprise). I am
having a problem accessing the mail profile. There is no mail icon in the
Control Panel. I had a trial version of Office 2010 installed, but since have
removed it and re-installed Office Enterprise 2007. Of course, when starting
Outlook 2007, I get a message that "this profile was created with a newer
version of outlook, if you have problems, create a new profile through the
control panel". Like I said, there is no mail icon in the Control Panel. Any
way to access the profile?

Thanks

Russ Valentine

Me neither. I figured I'd wait to use 64 bit until it worked in real life.
I'm sure some nerd can answer your question.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Control Panel - enable 32 bit applications.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, dgaunt asked:

| Not sure how to do that.
|
| "Russ Valentine" wrote:
|
|| The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?
|| --
|| Russ Valentine
||| (enterprise). I am
||| having a problem accessing the mail profile. There is no mail icon
||| in the Control Panel. I had a trial version of Office 2010
||| installed, but since have
||| removed it and re-installed Office Enterprise 2007. Of course, when
||| starting
||| Outlook 2007, I get a message that "this profile was created with a
||| newer version of outlook, if you have problems, create a new
||| profile through the control panel". Like I said, there is no mail
||| icon in the Control Panel. Any
||| way to access the profile?
||| Thanks
|| .

dgaunt

I tried that, but that is for 32 bit versions. Looked in user accounts and
still cannot find. I do have windows live mail installed, but I am using
Outlook. Its got to be here somewhere.

Gregg Leonard

Mail Control panel applet is hiding under:

View 32-bit Control Panels.

But if you are like me, you can add a new profile, or copy the old one, and it will STILL say it was created by a new version. :)

dgaunt wrote on Sun, 29 November 2009 06:5
I dont see where I can enable 32 bit apps.

Milly Staples said:
Control Panel - enable 32 bit applications.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, dgaunt asked:

| Not sure how to do that.
|
| "Russ Valentine" wrote:
|
|| The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?
|| --
|| Russ Valentine
||| (enterprise). I am
||| having a problem accessing the mail profile. There is no mail icon
||| in the Control Panel. I had a trial version of Office 2010
||| installed, but since have
||| removed it and re-installed Office Enterprise 2007. Of course, when
||| starting
||| Outlook 2007, I get a message that "this profile was created with a
||| newer version of outlook, if you have problems, create a new
||| profile through the control panel". Like I said, there is no mail
||| icon in the Control Panel. Any
||| way to access the profile?
||| Thanks
|| .

.

Roady [MVP]

No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

sewhidbey

I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta testing of
Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I removed it and got
the problem message and other problems with Outlook.

Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore, choosing
one point prior to the install of Office 2010.

Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT install
it on a production machine so system restore is not an issue.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, dannymichel asked:

| so that's it? that's our solution? system restore?
|
| "sewhidbey" wrote:
|
|| I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta
|| testing of Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I
|| removed it and got the problem message and other problems with
|| Outlook.
|| Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore,
|| choosing one point prior to the install of Office 2010.
|| Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.
|| "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
||| No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
||| Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
||| C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
||| --
||| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
||| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
||| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
||| http://www.msoutlook.info/
||| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
||| -----
||| .

Rick Davis

That is about the worst answer I have seen yet and you deserve to be booted from the board period. If you can't give a reasonable answer then follow the rules of life and say nothing as this kind of response makes you sound like an unknowing ass.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT installit
23-Jan-10

:

Me neither. I figured I'd wait to use 64 bit until it worked in real life.
Me neither. I figured I'd wait to use 64 bit until it worked in real life.
I am sure some nerd can answer your question.
--
Russ Valentine

I dont see where I can enable 32 bit apps."Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
I dont see where I can enable 32 bit apps.

:

No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta testing ofOffice
I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta testing of
Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I removed it and got
the problem message and other problems with Outlook.

Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore, choosing
one point prior to the install of Office 2010.

Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.

:

so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?"sewhidbey" wrote:
so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?

:

No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT installit
No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT install
it on a production machine so system restore is not an issue.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, dannymichel asked:

| so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?
|
| "sewhidbey" wrote:
|
|| I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta
|| testing of Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I
|| removed it and got the problem message and other problems with
|| Outlook.
|| Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore,
|| choosing one point prior to the install of Office 2010.
|| Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.
|| "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
||| No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
||| Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
||| C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
||| --
||| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
||| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
||| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
||| http://www.msoutlook.info/
||| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
||| -----

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1-a2f309a021c2/biztalk-configure-and-sen.aspx

LD55ZRA

First you are using EggHeadCafe so by definition you are a moron. Second,
you are attacking a member of the Pig Society (MVP for short) and this is a
NO NO on these newsgroups. Third, you are using some three months' old
message as your justification and this is completely unacceptable because we
don't have access to the full history of your problem.

If you want to post your message again then please use this link:

Please make sure you give full details including what version of Office,
Service Pack #, any updates since the service pack and your operating
system.

If you can't supply these info then you can check your skills here:

hth

That is about the worst answer I have seen yet and you deserve to be
booted from the board period. If you can't give a reasonable answer then
follow the rules of life and say nothing as this kind of response makes
you sound like an unknowing ass.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT
installit
23-Jan-10

<snipped apropos of nothing>

Tom Willett

You Egghead deadheads need to learn how to properly use a newsgroup, how to
respond to posts and not change the original subject.

<Rick Davis> wrote in message : That is about the worst answer I have seen yet and you deserve to be
booted from the board period. If you can't give a reasonable answer then
follow the rules of life and say nothing as this kind of response makes you
sound like an unknowing ass.
:
:
:
: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
:
: No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT
installit
: 23-Jan-10
:
: No, your first solution is to abide by the License agreement and NOT
install
: it on a production machine so system restore is not an issue.
:
: --
: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
:
: Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
: ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
: How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
:
:
: After furious head scratching, dannymichel asked:
:
: | so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?
: |
: | "sewhidbey" wrote:
: |
: || I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta
: || testing of Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I
: || removed it and got the problem message and other problems with
: || Outlook.
: ||
: || Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore,
: || choosing one point prior to the install of Office 2010.
: ||
: || Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.
: ||
: || "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
: ||
: ||| No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
: ||| Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
: ||| C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
: |||
: ||| --
: ||| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: ||| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
: ||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
: ||| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
: |||
: ||| http://www.msoutlook.info/
: ||| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
: |||
: ||| -----
: |||
: |||| I tried that, but that is for 32 bit versions. Looked in user
: |||| accounts and still cannot find. I do have windows live mail
: |||| installed, but I am using Outlook. Its got to be here somewhere.
: ||||
: |||| "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
: ||||
: ||||| In Windows 7 the Mail applet can be found in the "User Accounts
: ||||| and Family
: ||||| Safety" category or by simply typing "Mail" in the "Search
: ||||| Control Panel" box.
: |||||
: ||||| Additional ways to find it for either version of Windows;
: ||||| http://www.msoutlook.info/question/123
: |||||
: ||||| --
: ||||| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: ||||| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
: ||||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
: ||||| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
: |||||
: ||||| http://www.msoutlook.info/
: ||||| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
: |||||
: ||||| -----
: |||||
: |||||| Not sure how to do that.
: ||||||
: |||||| "Russ Valentine" wrote:
: ||||||
: ||||||| The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?
: ||||||| --
: ||||||| Russ Valentine
[...]
: On Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:47 PM
: dgaunt wrote:
:
: Mail Profile
: I am running a 64 bit version of W7, and have Outlook 2007 (enterprise). I
am
: having a problem accessing the mail profile. There is no mail icon in the
: Control Panel. I had a trial version of Office 2010 installed, but since
have
: removed it and re-installed Office Enterprise 2007. Of course, when
starting
: Outlook 2007, I get a message that "this profile was created with a newer
: version of outlook, if you have problems, create a new profile through the
: control panel". Like I said, there is no mail icon in the Control Panel.
Any
: way to access the profile?
:
: Thanks
:
: On Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:38 PM
: Russ Valentine wrote:
:
: The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?--Russ
Valentine
: The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?
: --
: Russ Valentine
:
: On Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:19 PM
: dgaunt wrote:
:
: Not sure how to do that."Russ Valentine" wrote:
: Not sure how to do that.
:
: "Russ Valentine" wrote:
:
: On Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:47 PM
: Russ Valentine wrote:
:
: Me neither. I figured I'd wait to use 64 bit until it worked in real life.
: Me neither. I figured I'd wait to use 64 bit until it worked in real life.
: I am sure some nerd can answer your question.
: --
: Russ Valentine
:
: On Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:56 AM
: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
:
: Control Panel - enable 32 bit applications.
: Control Panel - enable 32 bit applications.
:
: --
: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
:
: Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
: ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
: How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
:
:
: After furious head scratching, dgaunt asked:
:
: | Not sure how to do that.
: |
: | "Russ Valentine" wrote:
: |
: || The Mail applet is a 32 bit app. Have you enabled 32 bit apps?
: || --
: || Russ Valentine
: ||| I am running a 64 bit version of W7, and have Outlook 2007
: ||| (enterprise). I am
: ||| having a problem accessing the mail profile. There is no mail icon
: ||| in the Control Panel. I had a trial version of Office 2010
: ||| installed, but since have
: ||| removed it and re-installed Office Enterprise 2007. Of course, when
: ||| starting
: ||| Outlook 2007, I get a message that "this profile was created with a
: ||| newer version of outlook, if you have problems, create a new
: ||| profile through the control panel". Like I said, there is no mail
: ||| icon in the Control Panel. Any
: ||| way to access the profile?
: |||
: ||| Thanks
: ||
: || .
:
: On Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:45 AM
: Roady [MVP] wrote:
:
: In Windows 7 the Mail applet can be found in the "User Accounts and
: In Windows 7 the Mail applet can be found in the "User Accounts and Family
: Safety" category or by simply typing "Mail" in the "Search Control Panel"
: box.
:
: Additional ways to find it for either version of Windows;
: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/123
:
: --
: Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
: http://www.howto-outlook.com/
: Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
:
: http://www.msoutlook.info/
: Real World Questions, Real World Answers
:
: -----
:
: On Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:54 AM
: dgaunt wrote:
:
: I tried that, but that is for 32 bit versions.
: I tried that, but that is for 32 bit versions. Looked in user accounts and
: still cannot find. I do have windows live mail installed, but I am using
: Outlook. Its got to be here somewhere.
:
: "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
:
: On Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:55 AM
:
wrote:
: I dont see where I can enable 32 bit apps.
:
: "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
:
: On Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:02 AM
: Roady [MVP] wrote:
:
: No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
: No, 32-bit applets are also shown there in Windows 7 64-bit.
: Otherwise start MLCFG32.CPL directly from;
: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
:
: --
: Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
: http://www.howto-outlook.com/
: Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
:
: http://www.msoutlook.info/
: Real World Questions, Real World Answers
:
: -----
:
: On Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:26 AM
: sewhidbey wrote:
:
: I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta testing
ofOffice
: I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta testing of
: Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I removed it and
got
: the problem message and other problems with Outlook.
:
: Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore, choosing
: one point prior to the install of Office 2010.
:
: Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.
:
: "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
:
: On Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:23 PM
: dannymichel wrote:
:
: so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?"sewhidbey" wrote:
: so that is it? that is our solution? system restore?
:
: "sewhidbey" wrote:
:
: On Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:58 PM
[...]
: | "sewhidbey" wrote:
: |
: || I had the same problem on a 32bit version of Win 7 and a beta
: || testing of Office 2010, which immediately seemed waaaay too buggy. I
: || removed it and got the problem message and other problems with
: || Outlook.
: ||
: || Not wanting to create a whole new profile, I used System Restore,
: || choosing one point prior to the install of Office 2010.
: ||
: || Worked like a charm -- all is back to normal.
: ||
: || "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
: ||
[...]
: |||| "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
: ||||
[...]
: |||||| "Russ Valentine" wrote:
: ||||||
[...]
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice