MAIL Infection

Reaction score
.. okay after i posted about my mail problem this came up - and if i dont get a response from my last urgent post ill post that mail here too <.<

right after my postings i eventually came to this mail;

it came from "Abuse Team" (e-mail address removed)

and it had an attachment tab - that said it was scanned by norton...

the attachment file is parch_1846.zip (39k)

does this mean someone is watching what i do on the internet? or someone has hacked into my comp? i mean right after i posted stuff on this subject i find these mails - and im not there customer... but it also says i have a virus so i dont kno if they are using me or trying to tricking me...
what do i do with this? do i have a keylogger thingy?

Attachments

• Complaint.gif
    Complaint.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 196

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Looks to me like a spam email that may contain a virus.

I've read your other posts too, and I suspect that you are merely receiving spam and not hacked etc - however to make sure you havn't got a email worm or other virus I recommend you post a HijackThis log here so we can have a look.

Download HijackThis and follow the instructions :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You know ... for one who keeps asking what has infected your PC, is this or that a nastie ... why then I'm I not surprised to see you ain't running any anti-virus program. :rolleyes:

:user:

Reaction score
im sorry but i do - its norton internet security thats supposed to protect against hacking and the viruses but it cant install on my comp... it has some error everytime i do - 0000971 or something... -

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
heeelp_meee said:
im sorry but i do - its norton internet security thats supposed to protect against hacking and the viruses but it cant install on my comp... it has some error everytime i do - 0000971 or something... -
But it's not actually installed? I'd just format your PC if you feel confident about doing it, it sounds like it is in a bit of a mess and a clean start (with an AV installed) will do it some good :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
heeelp_meee said:
I'm sorry but i do - its Norton Internet security thats supposed to protect against hacking and the viruses but it cant install on my comp... it has some error every time i do - 0000971 or something... -
You have an AV program, but you DO NOT have one running on your PC ... there is a difference.

If you have searched the Forums you will find a good few of us recommending you do NOT install Norton, and why.

I can assure you though, your HJT log is clean of any nasties you keep mentioning.

I suggest looking at installing a better, less problematic AV, Internet security program, such as ... Kaspersky, NOD 32 or AntiVir. Any of these, not all at once mind, will offer better protection and be less problematic.

Up to you, you are the one who keeps asking for advice. ;)

Reaction score
yes i kno - i realized we wasted our money on it when it dosent install - i just didnt tell my mom that - so she wouldnt be ****ed for paying 100 bucks for it- and getting rebate of of it...

and i did read about kapersky and friends but ... if its not free and if i dont have viruses then its ok - cus i dont go on problem sites - well i dont go web surfing and ill just stick to simple stuff.

so so far im safe?

muckshifter

Reaction score
So far you been lucky ... you certainly been asking a lot of "security" questions. ;)

Go install AntiVir PE ... it is free ... it will be better than asking all these questions. :thumb:

You need an AV program, not just for your benefit, but to protect us from any infestation you may get ... ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If you want a free option, then as Mucks said - use AntiVir - always best to be safe than sorry :nod:

Reaction score
well thanks everyone ill do just that - and what do u mean by "security" questions? o.O what are u implying there <(-.-) muck

Ask a Question