Made up

Reaction score
I've just been given a fully working xbox 360 for nowt

I did have one but it was modded now this one I can use for online and alsorts of stuff

Yay

Shame no PSU or leads were with it. Oh well use me original one's :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bargain :D

What sort of things can you do with an XBOX 360 other than play games? Does it work as a media centre, browser, etc...? The PS3 has loads of other handy features that I use more than the actual games (mainly iPlayer).

Reaction score
Yea media player mainly for streaming from PC and stuff

Saves encoding stuff and burning to a dvd now i can just access me pc via WM11

Just networked it all up.

So now have shuttle pc in bedroom(ethernet), main PC front room (ethernet), LAptop on wireless and xbox via (ethernet)

Reaction score
I just wanna get meself a proper media server now Summat like QNAP with a fe drives which allows FTP and http etc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a QNAP NAS, partlu running as media centre as it happens - absolutely cracking device. Probably my most useful gadget :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice one TD, I'll be buying a new Xbox Elite shortly, soon as I've finished this job I'm working on.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's mostly cos of some of the games, notably Gears Of War 1 & 2, but I don't rule out getting a PS3 in the future, probably a used one as Sony won't allow an independent OS to be installed anymore.

Can't beat for free can you? Nice network you have there.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm pleased for you TXD, it sounds great and for FREE!! Excellent :thumb: :D

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the other PC to my left which is used for gaming aswell when friend come round AND the Wii which is connected via WiFi lol

Me needs to get a life I think? ;)

Reaction score
No mate you dont need a life....but you will needs lots of plug sockets lol. Xbtox 360's are great machine's. You can stream from your pc to your 360 and dont forget there's a usb port on the front for plugging all sorts into.
I also have a ps3 and i still love the 360.

Reaction score
Im actually having a problem streaming at the mo mate.

I get a windows 11 runtime error something to do with C++

Tried laods of things including changing uPnP settings just crashes as soon as a film starts to play and shuts down..

Any idea's?

Reaction score
I dont have any problems like you mentioned. I started with vista and switched to W7 and the system always seemed to do what i asked of it. First i had to get the xbox to find the pc and then i had no issues. What OS are ya using....i have heard of people having coding issues with XP and you mentioned C++ which sounds like its a coding issue. I had a great site before which had all the answers and i'll try and root it out for ya. For now, try here and see does it help : http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-37.html
and maybe : http://mustech.net/2007/01/05/three...60-that-really-bugged-me-and-how-i-fixed-them

Reaction score
Thanks guys all sorted now

Used a program call TVersity

Was idiot proof practially sets it all up for you, turned on 360 went to 'my movies' there they all were

fantastic.

Now gonna have to save up for a NAS :D

Reaction score
Cool. Glad to hear its sorted out....TVersity is mentioned in one of the links i posted. I must have a closer look now you said it was good.
Happy Xboxing.

Ask a Question