Electronics gurus?

Reaction score
I need some help.

I have been looking for these or the equivalent 2L20U Super fast switching DIODE

The problem is now it doesn't exist, if it does I cannot find it.
The specs are perfectly normal but i'm racking my brain trying to find the same type'ish due to the inconsistancy
in which manucaturers and sellers list the specs online

Here is the spec for the one I want. But the replacement for it is what I'm struggling with

I want to get it right becuase its a SMPS for a mixer amp, although the amp has now been ripped out
Behringer PMP5000. Decent bit of kit in the day. Mixers are great amps are poo. Hence it burning out PSU during it's popping

Anyone help?

TIA

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, maybe I'm just being to p[recise I dunno

No harm in asking for a second and third opinion

The issue with Farnell is their postal charges

For those 5 is will cost me over £6 for £1.18 worth

RS is free but they are only supplying them in multiples of 50, Grrrrr

Mouser are even worse something like £12 postage

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that's expensive delivery :(. If you need anything else from Farnell, I think they do free delivery over £20

Reaction score
Yeah still expensive. I will have to look around on Ebay and such. The items I need only come to about £4-5 :(

Another strange thing is the Schematic tells me 2L20U I have taken them all out and written on them is D2L62 (2 having an underscore)
Not sure but I think this indicates it's just part of the D2L family. Not 100% though

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Most diodes, unless they're something specific such as a Schottky type, are similar and all you should normally check is it's voltage and current ratings. Some are faster than others but this shouldn't normally be a problem if using a substitute.

I'll stress this is partly guesswork on my part and when using diodes I usually use what's specced.

It is uneconomic to buy small amounts of electronic parts from most suppliers but luckily for me I'm only a bus ride away from RS in Bermondsey.

If need be I could collect an order for you and post it to you at cost.

I also have here some large diodes and could post to you for postage cost only: IN4004 & one marked 261-211 RS which isn't a listed product at RS so it's probably very old but it looks to be the same size as the one you need so might be suitable.

Reaction score
Most diodes, unless they're something specific such as a Schottky type, are similar and all you should normally check is it's voltage and current ratings. Some are faster than others but this shouldn't normally be a problem if using a substitute.

I'll stress this is partly guesswork on my part and when using diodes I usually use what's specced.

It is uneconomic to buy small amounts of electronic parts from most suppliers but luckily for me I'm only a bus ride away from RS in Bermondsey.

If need be I could collect an order for you and post it to you at cost.

I also have here some large diodes and could post to you for postage cost only: IN4004 & one marked 261-211 RS which isn't a listed product at RS so it's probably very old but it looks to be the same size as the one you need so might be suitable.

Sorry Flopps I missed this. I appreciate it. All sorted now :)
Cheers

Ask a Question