Looking for a new laptop

Reaction score
Hi guys, with your help I have kept my old Inspiron 1300 going. If it wasn't on its last legs i would still be quite happy with it but half the keys have fallen off the keyboard so I have a cheap plug in on top and now the battery refuses to charge up.

I don't very often use it on battery but it is a nuisance not to have the option and a replacemet seems a bit pricey considering the age and general state of the mache. So now I am on the market for a new laptop.

What do I use the laptop for? Nothing fancy. I spend most of my time on a forum I moderate, hence the worn out keybord
laughingsmiley.gif

I also use ebay, watch videos on youtube and store my photos on it. I don't need superfast speeds or wonderful graphics for gaming but I would like a decent sized screen with good definition as my eyesight is not 100% Doesn't even need to be super protable as it will mainly be used in our dining room as my OH hogs the PC. Would like USB ports for a card reader. And I very occasionally look at a DVD.

Thanks for your help.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Samsung; Toshiba; Sony; Dell.

Not Acer.

Win 7 as part of the deal. Not Vista.

Good luck :)

Ask a Question