London Riots

Reaction score
London is burning

It terrible that the riots by a few mindless thugs in London and now Birmingham is happening for those of our members who live in both cities keep yourselves and your families safe my thoughts are with you and I guess all members of PCR are also with you in these unhappy days.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just watching on "Newsnight" BBC2.... it's a bit like watching old footage from the Blitz, to see so many burning buildings. Now it has spread to Birmingham. Must be so scary for anyone living in the thick of it all.

Hoping all our PCR friends are safe, please take care folks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Daughter phoned me earlier from pub where she works. Night bus home takes her through one area where it's going off, I advised her to get cab home.

Started with mixed views on this, at first I thought it's a natural reaction to Cameron & Clegg, not since Thatcher have I smelt this atmosphere.

Fair enough, but now it's just an excuse for a bit of nicking and mindless vandalism which hits, mostly, the ordinary working class person.

But this evening something snapped in Mr Liberal, Mr lifelong labour voter, Mr upholder of tolerance.

I'd honestly like to see the troops go in and shoot a few dead. Seriously.

Perhaps we should have another bloody Sunday or our very own Ohio.

I can't believe I said that but it's how I feel right now.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I can't believe I said that but it's how I feel right now.

I'd say you pretty much said what a hell of a lot of people wanted to say.

And how daft are some of the looters, taking pics of what theyhave stolen and plastered it all over the net

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Very sad indeed it has come to this. :(

May all the members of PC Review be safe in their homes and work places.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A terrifying night for an awful lot of people - this lady, pictured below, jumping from a blazing building, was caught by the people standing below.

Makes me wonder just how bad things have to become, before the powers that be get their rears-into-gear and, start issuing the Police with something more forceful than a damn baton!

But shock-horror, the mere mention of using a water canon, (for example) gives poor old Theresa May a fit of the vapours!

article-2023874-0D5B629200000578-436_472x496.jpg

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Water cannon is a good idea.

But will it be enough?

Rubber bullets next?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score

But will it be enough?

Rubber bullets next?

Imho that would also be a good idea. Others might argue that "violence begets violence" but, it seems to me that this is all very one-sided at the moment. Youths are running amok in the sure knowledge that for the most part, they are going to get away with this.

The prison system probably won't be able to cope, so a round or two of rubber, making contact with a few butts, might actually be more helpful, than giving them a "good talking-to."

Be interesting to see what "Cobra" will come-up with....:rolleyes:

Reaction score

But will it be enough?

Rubber bullets next?
I dont think any Police force in mainland UK has ever issued rubber bullets or teargas.
That said it would be a deterrent to use force against those rioting.
Doubt any Chief Constable would give the order though!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Rubber bullets will do good, as for water cannons. Apparently according to the police bloke what were just on This Morning ( ITV ) We have no water cannons on mainland UK. Eamonn Holmes did say he would point out where in Belfast they are parked :D

Reaction score
Bring in the army, in full combat gear. They will **** themselves!

Last edited by a moderator:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just saw this on the BBC news site:

Acting Commissioner Tim Godwin ruled out bringing in the Army to help police tackle the violence, but said: "We will be out there in ever greater numbers tonight."

Ask a Question