Logitech G15 Keyboard Profiler

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have the Logitech G15 keyboard which has a set of keys on the left which are supposed to be able to launch macros you've programmed to suit certain games.

A macro would typically be a set of keyboard commands that you coukd assign to work when hitting just one key.

I've mentioned previously that I'm stuck on Batman Arkham Asylum on the first real boss level, I've tried loads of times now, almost get there, ripping the poison tubes out of his head twice but I need to do it three times I think and I never can.

So I was thinking of getting rid of the game. But that's a shame cos I've really enjoyed the game so far and it's graphically gorgeous.

I can't find any cheats for the game online so I thought maybe I could use the Logi macro profiler to create a few to help me past this level. There is so much going on in this boss level, it's very intense and some moves have several key-strokes so I thought I'd assign those keystroke combos to macros.

So I open up the Logitech Profiler software to create some macros.

Create a new profile and name it 'Batman Arkham Asylum' and provide a link to the game's executable.

I then create/record two macros and name them 'Evade left' and 'Evade right' and assign them to keys G11 & G12. The move involves holding down either A or D and double tapping the space bar.

But it doesn't work within the game when I press G11 or G12 keys.

So, anybody any experience of this and if so am I doing anything wrong?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've used the macro keys on this keyboard. Are you able to get it working if you make global macros?

If the M1/M2/M3 lights are on in game, try recording one while you are playing to see if that works. :)

I should probably re-install the logitech software for this, as it's a handy feature to have.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wassa Global macro?

How do I record one in the game as I have to have the Window for the Macro recording software showing, unless I can reduce game to the Task Bar I suppose, I shall try.

I'm not sure if I have latest software but my Win 7 install is only a couple of months old so it's likely, I shall check.

Thanks for the input :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't remember how to do it (although I've got a G11, I haven't used this feature for years). If you just keep the logitech software running in the background as normal (in the tray) then fire up Notepad. You'll need to test out to find out how it works, but I think it's as follows:

Press MR, then G1. Now type a test macro, for example "cheese". Now press MR again.

Now, as you're in notepad you should be able to press G1 and have this typed out for you.

If that works, give it a shot in game :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, it's becoming clear I have to RTFM :D

V_R: That software you linked to was newer than the version I had installed and included a profile for Batman Arkham Asylum. The only profile the older software had to go with my installed games was Halo 2. So thank you :)

I've never used the macro function either but I really would like to get my money's worth out of the Batman game. I've just died another three times trying to beat the boss level and it's really really poxing me off :mad:

The last game I had this much trouble with a game was Hidden & Dangerous :wall:

So, I'll try any aid to get me past that level.

If I don't find an answer soon I swear I'm going to punch out the monitor....

Ask a Question