Locked out of Windows Login

I have a corporate laptop that was configured to login to a domain account
but somehow was able to do it locally (when not plugged into the network). I
got a new laptop and wanted to network them together using a workgroup so i
changed the properties to a workgroup login. Now, when they boot and i get
to the login screen, my username comes up and it asks for a password. When i
enter my password, it says it cannot log me in and to check my password and
domain. However, there is no field to enter or choose the domain. I've
tried all safe modes but they all ask for the login. Is there a way to put
it back like it was?

Herb Martin

"Locked out of PC - can't login" <Locked out of PC - can't
I have a corporate laptop that was configured to login to a domain account
but somehow was able to do it locally (when not plugged into the network). I
got a new laptop and wanted to network them together using a workgroup so i
changed the properties to a workgroup login. Now, when they boot and i get
to the login screen, my username comes up and it asks for a password. When i
enter my password, it says it cannot log me in and to check my password and
domain.

You have effectively lost that account (on this machine.)
However, there is no field to enter or choose the domain. I've
tried all safe modes but they all ask for the login. Is there a way to put
it back like it was?

No. Not other than going back to the corporate
domain, and likely having an Admin join it to the
domain, and then by logging on to again cache
your credentials.

You must do that or logon to the machine using the
Administrator account of THIS machine or another
account you have created.

First thing to try: Administrator with a blank password.

OR the password you have for that or another computer
local account.