Windows XP need help with login to WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am having similiar issue. Previously computer was set to use domain and my login/password worked for that. I was trying to find a local computer/printer on network and when I looked for a new workgroup to join, it (and to be correct "I") inadvertantly changed the computer to only work locally and not via the domain. Now my login does not work. The computer was still logged in yesterday, but then it restarted 2/2 windows update and now I am stuck and cannot login. Other than contacting IT (which is a pain as I am in a remote location from them) any other recs on getting in I have only known loging/passwords related to the domain and not the local ones for the machine only. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If you're remote, you might be out of luck without taking the computer back to an office to join the domain. You won't be able to rejoin the domain again without a connection to the domain controller, which usually can't be established unless you are on the network with the DC. I'm still relatively new in my networking career, but our remote users are SOL if this do something like this (but we have rights locked down so they can't). The only way you can get into the computer now is if you know one of the local account user names and passwords.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question