Life, etc.

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just thought i'd drop in to say hello to everyone. Update : My mom had her first dose of Chemo on friday and i have to say so far she appears to be okay although its a tad early to say anything yet. She's very strong, i have to say.
Also i wanted to say i'm 19 days off the smokes this monday(19th). tonight was the hardest time so far. I thought i was going to either drop dead or completely lose my mind altogether.
My head is swinging all over the place but i'm holding my ground.It's rough.

I don't think i mentioned i got some tabs called champix from my GP and they're a great help but tonight i don't feel too hot, lol.

Anyway moving on i'm having a great time playing killzone 2. Its brilliant so far. Hope everybody is doing okay. I havent had much time on my hands lately so i have fallen behind with PCR a bit. I will catch up though, lol.
More anon as they say.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Good stuff Zed!

Keep off those fags mate, sounds like your doing ok so far..
nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Cap'n :wave: good to see you.

Glad you posted about your Mum, I wondered how she is getting on and whether she had decided to go through with the Chemo (remembering that she was going through some indecision a wee while ago.) Wishing her continued strength and a smooth road back to good health. :nod:

Congrats to you too for your achievement with the ciggies (or, I should say, without the ciggies.) Well done!! Sorry to hear you had a tough evening yesterday, it sounded awful, but hope you managed to resist, having made such an excellent start. Wishing you and your family all the very best. :nod: :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's great news Capt Zed! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you both :).

You're going the right thing by holding strong without the smokes - I think Abarbarian also used champix and it helped. Good on you :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear from you CZ.

You and your Mum are strong people.

Xbox Games for me lately (cos I know you're interested).

Picked up NFS Undercover for a fiver, good fun but so far a bit repetitive.

Still enjoying SAW a lot.

Loving NIER.

Stuck on FF XIII

Forza Motorsport III, NFS Shift and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie all good racing games.

Just picked up The Darkness for a fiver, haven't tried it yet.

The smoking thing gets easier, believe me, good luck.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
That's great news Capt Zed! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you both :).

You're going the right thing by holding strong without the smokes - I think Abarbarian also used champix and it helped. Good on you :thumb:

Champix was a great help. I've fallen of the wagon after five months nicotine free. :blush:

Keep fraging zed that will keep your mind of the smokes. :D

Reaction score
Hi folks....just dropped in to say hello. Have been really busy lately what with me mom and me own tests etcetera.
Still haning in there with the non smokers....28 days this wed.....its getting really tough. Tonight i went out for a social drink(alcohol free cos i dont drink either) with the lads out of work and things started getting on top of me and i started getting stressed. So i went home to safety, lol.
Anyway my mom is coping well after her dose of chemo although i know she's experiencing more than she's saying cos i spotted her going through some unexplainable stuff. Kinda like waves of pain passing over her whole body ????
Anyway she say's she doesn't feel all that bad and so....she doesn't feel all that bad.
That's it for now.....hope everyone here is doing okay.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hang in there youse two.

I remember Kylie Minogue, after getting her chemotherapy, saying it was like being hit in the gut with a mallet.

It ain't no fun but it does often work, and as Kylie is touring again (and still looks well tasty) this is proof.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Congrats Cap'n, 28 days of being smoke-free is a big achievement, well done!! Must be particularly hard in social situations, so good on you for managing not to crack :thumb:

Continuing good wishes to your Mom, as she goes through her chemo; all the very best to her :nod:

Ask a Question