Left 4 Dead - Half Price

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I logged into steam this morning and it shows the "Left 4 Dead" game as half price :D Comes in at £13.49:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500

It's supposed to be a bit like "28 days later" as a game, and rates very highly :thumb:

Bought my copy already and downloading it now :)

Has anyone played this already, as it's been out for a while now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was playing LFD yesterday afternoon, I got the game for Christmas.

I'm about halfway through the single player game, I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

It's good fun, if a little one dimensional. The game consists of: You shoot zombies. That's it :D

It's certainly worth £13.49 but I honestly don't think it was worth the £30.00 charged for it by most places when it was released.

But, as I said, good fun, an excellent way to waste away a few hours ;)

I like to use the sniper rifle at the start of each level and pick loads off, then nip back into the safe room for a different weapon.

And a head shot with the sniper rifle blows the zombie's head right off with a big red splat :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll have to have a game sometime, along with any other PCR players :) My steam username is "iancunningham", although I am crap at it :lol:

Reaction score
ahh good game I got it on my xbox.

any of you lot tried F.E.A.R 2 yet? Kind of similar.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
WHAT?! YOU HAVENT PLAYED ONLINE????
lol
they game is absolutely better when playing with friends espeically on harder difficulties. I recommend playing versus mode :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
My steam user name is slippery_sid but I haven't tried online yet.

Have you had a chance to play it online now Flops, and if so what did you think? :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Have you had a chance to play it online now Flops, and if so what did you think? :D

Nope, not yet.

Been playing a lot of CoD WAW (5) and still hopelessly addicted to CoD 2 online :D

And single player games have been GTA IV; Fallout 3, Oblivion, Half Life 1 & add-ons and just started playing through Bioshock again.

Maybe I should give it a shot.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Let me know if you want to try it at some point, and I'll join in :) Not played it for well over a month so I'll be a bit rusty!

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nope, not yet.

Been playing a lot of CoD WAW (5)

And single player games have been GTA IV

Flopps - Your advice if you please :)

Is COD 5 any good - thinking of getting it, I've just finished COD 4 which I thought was awesome. I read some reviews on Amazon that it wasn't as good as COD 4 :(

Also another one I want is GTA 4 - what's that like ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CoD 5 isn't as good as CoD4, tis true, it's also shorter. Still worth playing though.

But the online game is, in my opinion, at least equal to CoD4 online. Apart from those bloody dogs :D

GTA IV - what's it like?

A bit like GTA III only a helluva lot smoother and with most of the bugs ironed out would be one description.

It's enjoyable, full of bad language, hinted-at nookie, violence and very smooth grafix.

You can only save at set points in the game or at set locations though, which can be frustrating cos if you fail one mission you gotta play it all over again.

If you liked GTA III - get it. If you didn't like GTA III - don't bother with it.

If you've never played GTA III you can pick it up cheap either online or in a GAME store.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
CoD 5 isn't as good as CoD4, tis true, it's also shorter. Still worth playing though.

But the online game is, in my opinion, at least equal to CoD4 online. Apart from those bloody dogs :D

GTA IV - what's it like?

A bit like GTA III only a helluva lot smoother and with most of the bugs ironed out would be one description.

It's enjoyable, full of bad language, hinted-at nookie, violence and very smooth grafix.

You can only save at set points in the game or at set locations though, which can be frustrating cos if you fail one mission you gotta play it all over again.

If you liked GTA III - get it. If you didn't like GTA III - don't bother with it.

If you've never played GTA III you can pick it up cheap either online or in a GAME store.

Yeah, the dogs are quite irritating lol.

Cheers Mate :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I keep getting this little window popping up bottom right hand corner of my AMD/XP machine, it says

'Ian is playing left4dead'

Now we know what he does all day... :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have l4d installed on this machine otherwise I'd join in.

I've only tried l4d once online and tbh I really didn't have a clue what I was doing :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, yep I've been playing this today :D Just finished a game!

Go on Flops, stick it on that machine and we can have a game :) You'll pick it up really quick, we can try an easy level :thumb:

Ask a Question