Laser printer advice please

Reaction score
Hello

I need to replace an old Lexmark Z25 with a new printer. As I'm starting my own business I will be printing plenty of text documents - mainly business letters and reports etc. that must look high quality and professional. I'm considering the Samsung ML-1450 which is under £ 200.

My questions are - will the quality be much better than the old Lexmark as they are both rated 1200x1200, even though one's an injkjet and one's a laser. Also, I'd appreciate poeples thoughts on the ML-1450 - good and bad.

My need for colour printing is miniscule - so I'll hang on to the old Z25 for that, or may even buy my sisters second hand Z65 for the odd bit of colour work I need. Will the Z65 be noticeably better than the Z25 for this colour work?

Thanks in advance for your help folks.

Kenej.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 1450 is a good all-round printer …

... but get a memory upgrade (64Mb) ... one single 60ns EDO 72-pin SIMM memory stick from Crucial will do. No need to pay Samsungs price. Then you’ll be able to print anything. ;)

I don't like Lexmark printers. :eek:

Reaction score
Thanks Muckshifter - I certainly don't like Lexmarks cartridge prices! Do you reckon I'll see any improvement in text quality with the laser Samsung over the Lexmark, given that they are both 1200x1200 or will cheaper page production be the only advantage?

Cheers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Do you reckon I'll see any improvement in text quality with the laser Samsung over the Lexmark.
Yep, and you can use cheap photocopy paper, if you wish, and still get perfect results. ;)

You will see a great improvement in any "greyscale" pictures/graphics with the Samsung over any inkjet. You won't need 1200x1200 for text, just print text at 600x600 and it’ll "pop out” like a speeding bullet. LoL

Mucks.

Reaction score
That's excellent mate - I'll get it ordered tonight. Just seen it for £ 170-00 which is a good price. Thanks again for the advice.

Kenej.

Ask a Question