Colour Laser Printer Recommendations

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if there is a more fitting forum for this.

For the past few months i've been looking at getting a colour laser printer.

Requirements:
- Network Support
- Economical

Prefferred:
- All in One/Multifunctional

Will be about 30% a sheet colour and 70% black.

I'm looking at the bottom end of the market (not rock bottom tho, lol), but ongoing cost is more important than initial cost. Quality and price is more important than speed.

Anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's not networked but I've just bought a Samsung CLP315 for £130.00 and it does a good job.

It's that price in both Staples and PC World or £117.50 inc VAT in Makros.

There is a networked version available but I don't know how much it costs.

The four toner cartridges come to £113.00 and it comes with part-full toner cartridges.

It's not photo quality but I use it to print A5 & A4 advertising flyers and business correspondence and it's very good.

There's an HP colour printer I came across when searching which is networked, as I recall it cost around £180.00.

I don't use all-in-one printers myself as I have a seperate scanner and fax machine.

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been back and forth with the Samsungs (CLP-300N up to the CLP-510N). Seems one is not very good, whilst the other is out of my budget... Maybe your middle ground will be ok.
I suppose we can keep out existing printer for Scanning/Fax etc.

Are you able to get third party toner for it, do you know?

The networked version is £167 at 'Micom Online' (Can't say i've ever heard of them, but they are in Google Product Search).

Got 3 days to decide, so if anyone else has a recommendation, please let me know.

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't looked for third party toner suppliers yet but I'm optimistic they're out there, it's something I will investigate.

I bought my printer and the four toner cartridges from PC World. They had two of the toner cartridges discounted by £5.00 each online. I printed them out and they honoured the price difference instore when I showed them the printouts. Hey, the £10.00 I saved will buy me three pints ;)

I only discovered the Makros price the day after I bought the printer when their flyer arrived through my letter box. Damn :(

I do know that you can buy toner powder, I think our Forum Admin, Ian, fills his own toner cartridges, but again it's something I haven't looked into yet.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Wow Flopps i can't believe you got anything from PCWorld!

When it comes to cash I'm just a shameless hussy :D

I've actually bought quite a few things from PC World.

As long as you understand where they're coming from sometimes they can be quite useful.

12 month return policy too, they rarely quibble over returns and exchanges, sure beats online rma's.

Overall, they do take the mickey but search the chaff for the wheat and sometimes you'll come up trumps.

Reaction score
I bought a Xerox 6110 mainly for speed issues at what I thought was a bargain online at approx. £90. :)

In the first few months I was delighted with the speed compared to previous inkjets and the quality was very good.
nod.gif

However the wheels began to fall of this particular wagon whenever my first toner cartridge began to run low at what I beleive was a low amount of pages :( .

I bought compatible cartridges at £90 :( :(

I swapped the cyan one over and I then gradually experienced a severe problem with ink fade on black text. I cleaned the printer as advised in the manual with no joy. :( :( :(

I am now looking for another inkjet/gel printer as the cost in terms of time and replacing cartridges is somewhat exorbitant. :blush:

Can anyone suggest a good inkjet/gel printer with low running costs and reasonable speed?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Xerox 6110 is a colour laser printer and as you can see from the link sells for £69.00 + VAT.

The low price for a colour laser printer should have set alarm bells ringing but I can offer the view that Xerox make poor quality printers.

The toner cartridges that come with most new printers are rarely full, they're typically only about a third full so that may explain the low amount of printing one of the cartridges gave.

Are you actually after a laser or inkjet printer?

If laser you could do no worse than consider the one I bought (see above posts) or look at the range of laser printers from HP, they're good.

I'm not up on the current inkjet printers I'm afraid so can't really comment.

Reaction score
Just an update about this... Was going for the Samsung CLP-315W (Due to Wireless Network support) but am unable to find it in stock anywhere at a reasonable price! Sods law!

Reaction score
If you go for a better quality all in one laser printer,then you have to compromise with price.Because i took some reviews of all type of lase all in one printer and finally i told you this.

Ask a Question