Which printer advice

Reaction score
I hope this is the right forum for this post.
Following my retirement last friday, I now need a printer that is capable of printing on heavy paper/card. I create personal birthday cards, etc, (A4 folded in half) in Photoshop for family and friends and up to now have been using the office Canon colour copier - cracking machine - using my own paper/card of course. I am therefore not familiar with "domestic" printers, never had one, but now need one. Any advice would be extremely welcome. Probably stating the obvious here, but I don't need a combined printer/scanner, would rather pay for a quality printer.
Thanks,
Mike

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
MikeH said:
Probably stating the obvious here, but I don't need a combined printer/scanner, would rather pay for a quality printer.
Thanks,
Mike

If you can let us know your budget, preferably the max you plan on spending we can hopefully guide you to the right ones. I agree with you as far as unwanted features are concerned, no need to get it if you do not need it at all, might as well spend it on the feature you value more.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. The spec doesn't state the paper weights it will accept. I'll contact Epson and check.
I suppose my budget would be around £150 but obviously the cheaper the printer with an acceptable spec would be preferable.
Mike

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Most "home" printers will only border on card printing, usually quoting around 200gms and photo paper which comes in at around 290gms.

I would send you to PCWorld or Staples, have a look, ask questions, check specs then check online prices ... just don't buy a PC from them. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
We used staples when we bought our printer which is mostly used to photocopy documents. They do some good makes, we bought an epson stylus dx5000 which does the job.

If you use staples take out a business card which is free and get points on your purchase, which for a £150 printer would be about £15!

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Will look at the Canon and visit PC world in disguise.
Mike

Ask a Question