Epson printer issues - card thickness, perforations

Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched old posts but haven't found anything relating to this issue: I have an Epson printer (SX215) and I recently noticed that it leaves lines, almost like perforations, up my page whenever I use photo paper. It's more noticeable the smaller the gsm. Given that I make cards and prints for a living this is a problem! Has anyone else come across this? Is there a way to fix it?

On a related note, I need to be able to print on 300gsm card which I can't do with my SX215 as it's too thick; does anyone have any recommendations for a printer which will take 300gsm card? I like Epson - the colours are terriffic - but I'm open to anything which will get the job done! My budget isn't enormous but I am also willing to pay for quality.

Thanks in advance,

Angela

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Epson, hmmm, is a matter of opinion.

The problem with most printers is that they use a "rollover" pass-through mechanism, whereby the paper from the tray is fed through a 180-degree path, under the head. Probably why your printer is now leaving marks.

You need straight feed from the back of the printer, something like the Canon PIXMA MG5150, which is tagged as a straight paper path product may suit your needs.

I'm sure Epson will/should have a equivalent model. :)

Ask a Question