Laptop set-up help required

Reaction score
I have set up outlook on my laptop and expecetd it to replicate my main computer (ie the same folders and contacts) but alas no - I am receiving emails to both though - have I set up incorrectly ? (running Windows 7 professional)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
no, this is normal operation. If you want to check one account on two different computers, you will have to at the very least enable the "leave copy of message on the server" option in the Advanced configuration of your mail account. Specify a time to delete the messages after XX days so that you don't fill up your mailbox. Just remember to check your mail on the other machine within that period of time. Sent messages won't travel either. What you send from your laptop stays on your laptop, unless you CC yourself on each email. That way, you will get a copy of what you send into your account. Again, be sure to check your mail on the other machine from time to time.

Ask a Question