Language Bar greyed out

SMS

I am a new contributor, so if I'm in the wrong forum please excuse me.

When I navigate to Control Panel/ Regional and Language Options/ Languages/
Details /Settings, in the Preferences panel the "Language Bar" box is greyed
out.
Can you please tell what is causing this?

SMS

Hi David,

Yes, when I click on Toolbar/ Language bar nothing happens.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Did you click ? in the titlebar and then click the button to ask it why?

Jon

SMS said:
I am a new contributor, so if I'm in the wrong forum please excuse me.

When I navigate to Control Panel/ Regional and Language Options/
Languages/ Details /Settings, in the Preferences panel the "Language Bar"
box is greyed out.
Can you please tell what is causing this?

Make sure you have "ctfmon.exe" enabled to start on startup
Start > Run > msconfig > Startup

Jon

Alias

SMS said:
I am a new contributor, so if I'm in the wrong forum please excuse me.

When I navigate to Control Panel/ Regional and Language Options/ Languages/
Details /Settings, in the Preferences panel the "Language Bar" box is greyed
out.
Can you please tell what is causing this?

How many languages do you have set up? You need at least two to have the
language bar.

Alias

SMS

Hi,
My brother has sorted it out:
Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Languages/Details/Advanced and
then uncheck the box marked "Turn off advanced text services"