Keyboard Not Recognized

Geezer

I hope I am in the right newsgroup.
Today after I came back to my computer (I had put it in sleep mode) the
computer had shut down and I had to restart it. When I did the screen said
the keyboard wasn't recognized....then it said the mouse wasn't. I have
plugged in the keyboard and mouse to my other computer and they work (typing
on it now). I have powered down and restarted several times but no change. I
can't even use restore function w/o keyboard.
This problem is on a Windows XP Home. I have Avira antivirus, Adaware,
Spybot. What can I do to fix?
Thanks,
Joni

Rich Barry

Have you tried it at another USB connector location? Usually in back
of computer?

Jim

Keyboard and mouse have to go into their own seperate sockets ; they
won`t work vice-versa .

Rich Barry

No, if you are using USB connectors you usually have more than one on
the Motherboard. If you are using PS2 which is a
roundish purple connector for keyboard and green connector for mouse
then you have only one.

Geezer

it has the round green and purple connectors.
So anyway am I the only one who has ever had the problem of the computer not
recognizing the keyboard? :)....and any ideas of what I can do to fix the
problem?

Bob Lucas

Just a thought (surely not).

Is it possible that the mouse and keyboard plugs are in the wrong
sockets? (Green = mouse, Purple = keyboard). If they are
transposed, then neither will work.

got an answer from justanswer.com! They told me I had PS2 connectors and to
get a keyboard and mouse with USB connectors.....and it works!!!!!!!! I have
my computer back with all my pictures, etc. YAY!