Just Cause

CSB

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup" notification come up on screen when trying to play this game?, its annoying as the original disc is in the drive to start with

Attachments

• Just Cause.JPG
    Just Cause.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 154

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats very strange CSB, are there any patches available for it?

CSB

Reaction score
No Ian, I have checked the official site etc and nothing for it apart from the usual demo and screenshots, the drive I have is a Lite-On DVD/CD-RW Combo, I thought maybe that could be the cause but then surely not???

I did get it to play one time though

Rob

P.s, the photo in the background on desktop is from 1981 lol, I'm the 3 year old on the far right :blush:

Last edited:

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, it has helped reading most of that, its alot of hassel having to e-mail SecuROM asking for a patch/help etc, is rediculous infact the meassures they take when it comes to games these days

I got the game working again after I posted earlier, at the moment its a case of hit and miss, put the disc in and you seem to get a 5 in 1 chance of it playing ok without that notification in attached pic

Thanks for doing that search for me, appreciate it greatly :)

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
have you got any virtual drive software loaded?.......such as daemon tools, alcohol 120 etc
or even yasu, antiblaxx or curerom

CSB

Reaction score
No I don't pikakilla, from what I read from Ian's posted link above, it's a Securom issue and ppl have to get in contact with them if they want any help with it

A few ppl have already but the ppl at Securom sound as usful as a degree in IT for a Monkey

Rob

Ask a Question