It's Snowing

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's snowing and beginning to settle here. Looks like there's plenty more on the way too.
9.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Not here it ain't. :D

Lovely sunny day, but it is forecast for this evening. :(

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
No snow here yet, but holy moly its freezing. Had to drive the dog to the park this morning. He weren't walking anywhere in this cold :D:D

Reaction score
The snow is expected here betewn 3 and 6 today and it is a barmy -1 at the moment. She who must be obayed is traveling up from Portsmouth later this afternoon after a conference so have my fingers crossed that she gets here safely. Doggies enjoyed there walk accross the fields but Brandy does not like the cold as it gives her athritus gyp.

Last edited:
Reaction score
it's cold but dry & the met office say we may get a bit, but lets see.
bootneck, kent is due to get more than sussex & surrey.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Started snowing very gently at 10.00 am. Me I love snow :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 175

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Scientists involved in extensive weather reasearch have announced they are now able to control snow.

Doctor Franz Hanzenhoffer, speaking from his labs at Munich University told Flops News Service 'It hass tikken a vile butt through our exceedingly clever experiements and free use of licorice, hamster toenail clippings and fairy liquid, ve can now use a pepsi powered rocket to spread our potion into the upper atmosphere and banish snow altogether'.

His laboratory partner, curvy redhead Amy Von Bingenbanger (38-22-36) concluded 'Yes, iss itz true, vee can actually stop that horrid whiten stuffen altogether but we noted that sum members of der humin race actually liked der stuff so we adjusted our potion so that it snowed for a total of six days - Dec 24th-26th and three random days in January. You vill understand we were also under pressure from photographers working for greeting card companies and chocolate tin manufacturers'

A snap survey conducted by Flops News Service showed that 99.5% of people were in favour of this scientific breakthrough the general consensus being 'Who needs that stuff? It's cold, then slushy, then hard and icy and every road mysteriously has salt stains for three months following a snowfall. Good riddance'.

The only alternative view we were able to find was from ski manufacturers who are now threatening to go on strike unless snow is resumed.

>>End copy<< >>File 'soon as'<<

Fantastic news! :)

Reaction score
How much does the Flops News Service cost to sign up to?:nod:
Much more interesting than BBC/ITN or your normal read of The Daily Mail FBS! :p

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... curvy redhead Amy Von Bingenbanger (38-22-36)...
Closet snow/winter aficionada. A cold 38-22-36 fact.

:bow:

Weather chez Urmas:

pilotti41.png

pilotti42.png

pilotti43.png

1135270226120.jpg

A normal winter. Seasons = variety. Seasons = good. Urmas has spoken. :dance:

P.S. Could Flops News Service please publish contact info for Ms. v. Bingenbanger. I quite like her credentials.

filmfunfeb1933.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I see the Finns are still keeping up that tradition of throwing shovelfulls of snow from roofs on to the heads of passers by below. :lol:

Does Amy Von Bingenbanger have a blonde sister Flops ?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I see the Finns are still keeping up that tradition of throwing shovelfulls of snow from roofs on to the heads of passers by below. :lol:
Think of it as... what army engineers call "controlled explosion". OR ELSE (from 2011).

1135262957241.jpg

(Italian cars just aren't winter-worthy. :lol: )

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Think of it as... what army engineers call "controlled explosion". OR ELSE (from 2011).

1135262957241.jpg

(Italian cars just aren't winter-worthy. :lol: )

From your link,

In Juankoski in North Savo, a nine-year-old girl died after having fallen off hay bales wrapped in plastic while playing at a farm, whereupon she was buried in soft snow.

That is just so so tragic. Makes you realise that the white fluffy stuff has to be treated with respect. :(

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Tragic... but rare. If you look at the numbers, snow isn't the killer. Now, ice then...

(Oh, and "the average victim" is not a child... it is an intoxicated middle-aged man. :cheers: )

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been snowing here quite heavy since around 19:30pm and its getting very cold out there at - 4.5c and dropping steadily, wind is south easterly at 16mph and the real feel chill factor is actually -11c
Humidity is at 80% and barometric pressure is 1030.1 millibars with the dew point being -5c UV is low, this all being recorded from my weather station remotely from the back garden..:nod:

Wrap up warm now :D

Just took these thought I would post em up for something to do..:D as I'm bored :rolleyes:

P1020232.jpg

P1020233.jpg

Last edited:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Sez the Finnish Meteorolgical Institute:

pilotti47.png

(last winter, there was 1 m of snow in the beginning of February... must be that global warming thingy...)

Sez KDE (Kool Desktop Environment):

pilotti46.png

Nice, normal midwinter weather... and a nice, normal indoor temperature of 23 °C. District heating be a good invention.

:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
the end of the world will happen ...

... one day. :)

Ask a Question