What Snow?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oooh, ooh, Francis, Francis, I feel a song coming on.

I think we will play 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me' by Travis cos it is raining here right now.

Whatever happened to Travis?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
poinkki3.png

Reaction score
I remember doing Artic warfare in Norway when I was a young Marine, never fancied the cold ever since, hate it in fact.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Given the two choices:

1: cold, snowy, clear

2: warm (fluctuating above and below freezing point), wet, dark

Erm... I choose "One", please! Triple glazing, district heating, layered clothing, studded tyres... snow & cold can be dealt with.

Interesting couple of days ahead... first is was cold-ish for a few days (-15 °C — -30 °C), and now we're at zero. Two-three degrees above zero for the next couple of days. Orthopedists' (and plumbers') wet dream.

weather-warning-map-1d-en-3.gif

Road weather on main roads

Very bad road conditions are expected today in the eastern part of the country because of snow and rising temperature. Road conditions are bad today in the western and northern parts of the country because of snow and rising temperature.
@Bootneck:

(But never mind the proper gear, "snow-how" and whatnot... spend a week in the woods, temperature constantly below -30 °C, wade in deep snow day in, day out, "sleep" in a tent with a dozen of your conscript mates... and you'll become grumpy. No way around it.)

:lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Those snow-clearing vehicles at Helsinki Airport, look pretty amazing. They certainly get the job done with efficiency.

A bit different to the UK "Oooh look! Snow! Quick, close the schools; get some headline "News" going, filling it with conjecture about things which could or might happen; don't prepare the motorways in a timely manner; and of course... continue to go out wearing your shorts and skimpy tee-shirt .... duh! No wonder everything comes to a standstill here :lol:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score

Yeah, I remember how envious we were as kids when we found out that there are countries where schools are closed due to snow.

Reaction score
;)Our kit was basically the same but not of the modern materials and much more bulkier made it more difficult to move around etc

Ask a Question