Its Official ..... GTA 4 PC Confirmed

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/40...-November-18th

GTAIV for the PC has been announced, as expected. Launching on November 18th in North America, the brief press release states that the multiplayer component will be "expanded."
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. , is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively. "We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

Yaaaaaaaay.
bowdown.gif
:D:eek::cool:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Plyed this on the XBox360 I rented it for a week and played it for almost 3 days, the rest of the time it sat there on the floor..

Wasn't what I expected and all the hype over this game isn't warranted, it was downright boring in parts traipsing all over the place just to pick up a cab fare or go into some bar and dance with one of the tarts in there, you had to complete that particular mission before you could move on to the next, some missions were good but far to much of the time you were sent off half way across the city just to pick up a cab fare that your brother or friend couldn't do, this just made the game randomly boring, I'm not really interested in dancing with some bird in a bar or putting bets on at the bookies, I can do that in real life..
And thats the rub with this game the developers have tried to make the game to realistic and it falls down because of it..

Good for kids but not one for a seasoned gamer..:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mate of mine has this on PS3 and reckons it's really good :confused:

I played GTA3 to about two thirds of the way through, was quite good fun, but I got bored with it and also the missions became a lot harder.

Never did try the add-on, San Andreas Fault I think it was called?

I shall note all critiques and make a decision when it's released, depending, of course, on pricing, although it will probably be released at around £35.00 then be reduced to £20.00 in January and about a tenner next April, probably ;)

Reaction score
GTA4 is an awesome game, I have it on the xbox 360. Highly recommend it!

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
GTA4 is an awesome game, I have it on the xbox 360. Highly recommend it!

Would love to say I like it..But I am going to be brutelly honest...I think every one of GTA have just been a pile of crap, and the most pointless game I have ever seen..My opinion

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Would love to say I like it..But I am going to be brutelly honest...I think every one of GTA have just been a pile of crap, and the most pointless game I have ever seen..My opinion
:eek:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Never did try the add-on, San Andreas Fault I think it was called?
No it was just called San Andreas, taking it's name from the San Andreas fault line.

I loved GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas and had big expectations for GTA IV but after completing the storyline there was nothing to do. Although the RAGE graphics engine and Euphoria was an amazing addition to the series.

But with Rockstar going for realism i really think it killed the game, there was so much missing due to 'realism', hopefully the learned from that big mistake and go back to their old ways for the next game.

Anyway, with GTA 4 on PC being Games for Windows thus adding Microsoft's 360 achievements to the game could modding of the game be hindered due to them trying to stop you from cheating to unlock them, hopefully not.

Reaction score
For those of you that think GTA4 is to boring and to much like real life, I think this game is for you.

It is called Saints Row 2, and looks like a 'funner' version of GTA.

www.gametrailers.com/game/4813.html

It looks awesome, like GTA3 but on a next generation console

Reaction score
who cares? I'm sure everyone who wants to play GTA IV already has. I know if I didn't already have an Xbox 360 I would have bought one just to play GTA.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Donjuan and welcome to the forum, :wave:

I'm sure lots of people care, as from my time here i have learnt that most here don't have an XBox or PS3, but have very good PC's that they use for playing games.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lmao.

The name of this site is a big clue tbh. :D

Reaction score
Anyway, with GTA 4 on PC being Games for Windows thus adding Microsoft's 360 achievements to the game could modding of the game be hindered due to them trying to stop you from cheating to unlock them, hopefully not.
I'm not sure what will happen with respects to modding but i do know that if u use cheats on the xbox then you can not unlock any of the acheivments. so i would guess it would be the same for mods.

Reaction score
macca400 said:
I'm not sure what will happen with respects to modding but i do know that if u use cheats on the xbox then you can not unlock any of the acheivments. so i would guess it would be the same for mods.

Correction to your statement..Cheats do unlock all achievments.. But the use of cheats can block some achievments..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Correction to your statement..Cheats do unlock all achievments.. But the use of cheats can block some achievments..

ok cheats block some acheivments, so modding may be the same. I'm just going on what ive heard because I've not used any cheats.

How can cheats unlock all achievments, if they block some. surley some being blocked would mean that not ALL where unlockable.

Reaction score
Might be so, I really don't know..I personaly don't use cheats and believe in playing the game as it was intended. I die I get up and try again..If it takes me 6 months to get to the next level then so be it..Personaly if I had the money and the energy I would trawel the internet for every cheat site that I could find and destroy it and ban whoever set the site up from ever using the internet again..I take cheating in games the same way I would cheating in a relationship..Its just bloody wrong..GAme Over

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Might be so, I really don't know..I personaly don't use cheats and believe in playing the game as it was intended. I die I get up and try again..If it takes me 6 months to get to the next level then so be it..Personaly if I had the money and the energy I would trawel the internet for every cheat site that I could find and destroy it and ban whoever set the site up from ever using the internet again..I take cheating in games the same way I would cheating in a relationship..Its just bloody wrong..GAme Over

I don't use cheats either (wheres the challenge)there's only one exception and its always been the GTA series i always completed the game whithout cheats, then used them loads when you would have mates round and just have brainless killing spree seeing how long you can keep the maximum wanted level until u get killed then just pass the controller over and someone else would get kitted up and go on a rampage. although i've not used any cheats on my xbox i stopped playing GTA fairly quickly after completeing it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Cheats are a pain n the arse. I run 4 CoD4 game servers and keeping all the Cvar and Md5 checks upto date to keep the multihacks at bay.....

However, the cheats in GTA were good. Spawn a tank and go on the rampage, how much fun was that!!?? :D

Ask a Question