GTA IV PC Patches

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Version 1.0.2.0
Today we released patch version 1.2 for Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC. A variety of fixes and enhancements were applied, including new sliders in the graphics menu for "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality", and "Reflection Resolution" to grant players more freedom to customize graphical settings as they see fit. Additionally, as a result of the patch we had to disable the default setting for direct input device support. To re-activate your supported gamepad simply enter the commandline, "-usedirectinput". The patch also addresses a variety of issues including, but not limited to, graphical optimization; bugs introduced with the release of patch 1; multiplayer and video editor fixes; and security updates. Please visit (INSERT LINK) for specific information about the changes and supported DirectInput devices. We want to thank the GTA community for your continued support as we continue to improve GTA IV PC so that it is the best experience possible.

To download the latest patch please follow the link:
http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

Version 1.0.2.0
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
Graphics Menu:
Graphics Settings
o Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
o Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
• Rendering optimizations.
• VSync optimizations.
• Nvidia 7000 series
o Mirrors fixed

PATCH 1 FIXES:
• Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
Supported Controllers:
o Logitech Dual Action
o Logitech RumblePad 2
o Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
o Saitek P2500
Supported Wheels:
• Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
o Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
o Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
o Logitech MOMO Racing
o MOMO Force
o Driving Force Pro
o Driving Force
o Formula Force
• Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
• Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
• Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.

CRASH FIXES:
• Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
• Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
• Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
• Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.

VIDEO EDITOR:
• Naming clips is now mandatory on Export

MULTIPLAYER:
• Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.

GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
• Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
• In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a “Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=393961

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks V_R - hopefully this will improve the stability of the game! Not played this for a couple of weeks so need to get back in to it :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, what i've read it make little difference... :(

Adds a few more options to the graphics settings and that is about it....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you had the same sort of problems too? I stopped played it as it kept crashing at one point (every 20 mins or so).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So far its been ok, dont run great but its ok. Just gonna install patch now. ill report back. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Do I have to install Patch 1 first?

And where does that command line go? (To re-activate your supported gamepad simply enter the commandline, "-usedirectinput". ).

I haven't installed the game yet so was wondering.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not sure about hte first patch, i had it already its only another 30 mb ish so just grab it incase. :)

That '-userdirectimput' commandline i assume is at the end of the target field in the shortcut properties.

eg - C:program files.......gtaiv.exe" -userdirectimput (like when you do a custom shortcut for cod to direct connect to a server)

Could also be a commandline.txt file too. I use this method, you wont have one unless you have created it though.

Info here if interested. http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111441

My 360 pad needed not commands to get working though Flops, it was fine before and after the patch. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that.

I'm going to assume it doesn't need the first patch as it isn't available to d/l at Rockstar anymore.

It is now 13:07. I hope to have the game installed by midnight ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've installed the game, patched it and all seems fine. Graphics are almost maxed out and it looks good.

For some reason I had to change my Windows Live password and I can't login to Rockstar social club.

I used the password recovery feature with Social Club and they e-mailed me the correct password so it seems I am registered with them, I just can't log in. I've sent them an e-mail about the prob but I'm not holding my breath.

Not really bothered anyway, tbh, as long as I can play the game.

I can't see a way that the keyboard controls can be re-mapped. Does anybody know if they can be?

It also doesn't recognise my Logitech Rumblepad 2 Cordless gamepad.

I have an X-Box 360 controller for PC that I wasn't using so I think I'll install that and use it within the game. I notice that the game only allows preset controller configs and those buttons can't be re-mapped. That's a bit crap really innit?

What controls are you fellas using? I think the X-Box controller would be better than mouse/keyboard - correct?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I use a combo of both the 360 pad and KB & Mouse.

Driving etc with pad then for aiming/shooting i use the mouse but usually keep the pad in me right hand, sounds odd but it works well. :)

All controls are stock here i think.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Starting to get into this game now :)

I still can't logon to this Rockstar Social Club thingie and they never replied to my e-mail.

Now what if I bought the game primarily for multiplayer? I would be a bit stuffed :mad:

Still, that aside, thought I'd play a quick ten minutes worth today and it turned into two hours.

Does it get harder as you progress into the game? Not that I want it to, I'm quite enjoying easily losing the cops and winning all the fights :D

But GTA III got a lot harder about half way through so I was wondering if GTA IV done the same.

Reaction score
they is some amazing glitches on GTA IV on xbox i dont know about PC but xbox they is some good ones

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto 4 v1.0.3.0 Patch

Version 1.0.3.0
Today, in our continuing effort to support and enhance Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC, we are happy to announce Patch 1.0.3.0 is now available for download. Notable features include graphical optimization; greater user control over graphic settings, including a new "OFF" option for reflection and shadow quality; and the elimination of remapping restrictions for keyboard and mouse, allowing for user-custom control schemes.

To download the latest patch please follow the link:
http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

GRAPHICS:
Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards
- All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)
- ALT-TAB fixed

Graphics Settings
- Added menu option "OFF" for Reflection quality
- Added menu option "OFF" for Shadow quality

PERFORMANCE:
- Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)
- Graphical Performance Optimizations

MULTIPLAYER:
NAT Type detection
- Detect if user has a "strict" NAT and displays message for user

Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off

CONTROLS:
Keyboard/Mouse
- Remapping restrictions removed
- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user
- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped

Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu
- Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting

Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)
- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device

Added more Direct Input / XInput device support
- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990
- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600
- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad

SECURITY:
Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found
- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer
- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress

VIDEO EDITOR:
Scroll Bar improved response
- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs

Sped up load times for users with many clips

TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:
Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props
- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world

Scrolling signboards
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)

ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes
- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync

GENERAL ADDITIONS/FIXES:
Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing
- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo

360 Controller Texture
- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen

Source:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=403690

Download Link:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_42102.shtml

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks V_R, will patch this now :) Not played it for a while, but should really try it again!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Goddit, patched it. Thanks for the update V_R :thumb:

Thank goodness we can now remap mouse/keyboard commands, I can't figure what the thinking was with the restriction in the first place. I've remapped a few commands now to what I'm used to.

I've mentioned before I couldn't get online with the Rockstar Social Club so I re-registered with a different user name and e-mail and it worked :thumb:

I don't know if the patch sorted this out or whether I made a mistake the first time I attempted to sign up, I notice there's a drop down list enabling you to choose your game during the signup process, I don't recall noticing that previously.

So I am now mouthforwar rather than floppybootstomp :)

I'm also directly linked to Windows Live! via the game, I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing or a 'really makes no difference' thing ;)

Ok, let's play awhile......

Ask a Question