Is it snowing near you?

Reaction score
Still no sign sign of any major snow here but it was minus 4 here last night and the roads are like sheets of glass out there....cars are all over the place . I was slipping and sliding ont way home from work this morning. Great fun if ya dont hit owt lol.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Snow whats that then !!!
laughingsmiley.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

happywave.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0001_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0001_1_1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0002_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0002_1_1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0003_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0003_1_1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 163

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think he's finally cracked :eek:

The roads are very icy in this neck of the woods.

Returning from Sainsburys the back of my car spun out on this big roundabout near the 02/Dome.

But being a super-trained rally driver I quickly corrected the vehicle and carried on in a straight line, albeit more cautiously than previously :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I think he's finally cracked :eek:
He cracked years ago, lets just pacify him until the men in white coats turn up!:rolleyes:

It was raining earlier, but now turned to snow!
Expecting the snow ploughs & Gritters to go out shortly.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Do you see many of those snow critters up your way then Abarbarian? They look friendly enough ;)

We had a bit more snow last night, just enough to cover things lightly... but tonight they promise blizzards :rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thats not a critter Taffycat thats a council GRITTER poor chaps been working so hard he's nearly wasted away.

laughingsmiley.gif

I could not get up and down the hill and I have been snowed in for two days, about 6" and more of snow. Made it out earlier in the afternoon as the farmer cleared the lane with his digger. But I only just slithered me way back up and down the hill to get home.
Ambulance driving had to be cancelled and when I called in to base they told me they had cancelled 80% of journeys and were only dealing with the critical journeys.
They just rang me as they had a patient stuck in Preston who needed to get back to Kendal but I had to turn them down. Hope I can get out tomorrow as I'm on the afternoon dialysis run an I don't like to let those folk down, they have a hard enough life as it is.
I'm supposed to be going to York and all the road options are looking decidedly dodgy at the moment. Them blooming Pennines always get deep snow. Looks like it will be the long route down the M6 and then the M62, an that M62 ain't no picnic in this weather.

happywave.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Took my girlfriend 5.5 hours to get home last night, usually takes 5-10 minutes! Had to leave the car at the bottom of the road as it was not gritted even though its a main road! :(

Also the power went out at around 9pm, and was still off this morning. Came back on about 11am.

I'm in High Wycombe BTW, and no i didn't sleep at John Lewis's. :)

Reaction score
Seems that last night the North West of London got most of the snow.
At Gatwick we only got a flurry for an hour or so, but still the runways were closed!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow V_R, looks like the traffic got into quite a mess where you are, those icy roads look pretty hazardous. Interesting pic link :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Here is what it looks like from my back door. Pic taken yesterday but it looks pretty much the same today.

That snow is 9" deep :D

happywave.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0012_1.JPG
    IMG_0012_1.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 124

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bloody blimey :eek:

Would make a nice Christmas card, that pic.

No snow here, just lots of ice.

Reaction score
We live in the borough of Lambeth,and as far as I can see there has been no gritting of the main roads.The road sweepers put some on the pavements but that is very half hearted,some pavements were done others where not. I bet the rates go up next year.

historian :(

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
attachment.php

Here is what it looks like from my back door. Pic taken yesterday but it looks pretty much the same today.

That snow is 9" deep :D

happywave.gif

So it will just about cover your budweiser bottles and keep them nice and cool :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, another 2 inches of snow overnight and really coming down now. Some of the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen. :eek:

But, at least, it's wet snow and it's now 3.5 degrees outside. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just lots and lots of heavy rain here.

Me patio plants are looking a bit soggy.

Ask a Question