Is it snowing near you?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just started a couple of hours ago. :) I've left some nice drawings in our car windscreen :lol:

Reaction score
Nope! But it is bloody freezing Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrass monkeys.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it snowing near you?

Not just near me but right over me. :D

Been blizzards for about 2 hours now and it is about 2-3 inches deep.

Not a gritter in sight.

It'll be chaos in the morning.:nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
About 4-5 cm of snow this morning! :D

Now at work :(

lol

Reaction score
Not snowing now but a bit of snow, maybe 5-6 cm. But minus 13,5 celsius.

Im in Norway btw.

Reaction score
The snow closed the runway @ Gatwick this morning, but dont know why.
What are the snowploughs for after all!!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We had a light sifting overnight, which has since disappeared, but there is a sharp wind and it is oh-so cold, about 1.0 deg C. :nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
feckit said:
The snow closed the runway @ Gatwick this morning, but dont know why.
What are the snowploughs for after all!!!

:rolleyes:

I feel better knowing your not in charge of the Airports....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got two main memories of Gatwick.

1) about 1969/1970, evening, 4 or 5 of us on our way to Brighton.

One of the guys farted. It was really really smelly. I mean, like noxious turn the air purple smelly.

So Roy pulled over onto the slip road into Gatwick and we all leapt out gasping and retching and drew in lungfuls of welcome fresh air.

Police car pulled up behind us, officer got out, walked up to us and said 'No stopping here lads, this is a busy slip road, please get in the car and move on'

We chorused something like 'No way, you want to move the car, you drive it, but we ain't getting in there for at least five minutes, gotta let the air clear. Go on, stick your head in the motor and breathe in'

And to our amazement, this fine specimen of the Sussex Constabulary did just that. And promptly turned green.

He said to us 'Ok, you got ten minutes then you have to drive off. And whoever done that should seek mediical help'.

Second story.

About 1980 I'm x-raying an airplane fuel pipeline circling Gatwick. It's rainy and muddy.

Whilst I was waiting for some butt-welds to be completed to x-ray, one of the welders asked me to fetch his gloves and goggles on a trestle in the middle of this big muddy area.

'Sure' I said and set off in me wellies to do the guy a favour.

When I'm about 3 metres from the trestle I sink in very soft mud up to my thighs. My wellies fill up, I cannot move. I am well and truly stuck.

I look over my shoulder and see about twenty geezers laughing their heads off saying 'We got another one, ha ha ha'

I shouted at them a rather good selection of profane abuse but I still stayed stuck.

I was there for a good ten minutes and in the end a crane came came over, lowered a leather circle, I put that under my arms and it pulled me out and swung me back to terra firma.

Bastids :D

So there ya go, that's my Gatwick stories :)

Just don't ask me about Heathrow... ;)

Reaction score
It has been snowing for 2 days now where i live we have 18cm so far and are expecting more tonight! :DDDD Yesterday the last day of school was canceled which was a good start to the christmas break :) all buses were canceled so my brother and my mates couldn't get to work, the roads have just been awful. It was like a blizzard outside, couldn't even stay out there for 5 minutes. Buh it's all good i took my 14 year old neice out in the snow in her coat,hat & gloves nd she loved it so much that when i took her inside she screamed. I love it :) x

Reaction score
Had a flurry or two yesterday and the day before, and it settled for a while.But today nothing ,it`s been sunny but very cold.

My sister in law on the other hand,she lives in a village the other side of Tunbridge Wells,had over 8 inches of snow.So much that there were no papers delivered. Still global warming should put a stop to it all I`ve no dought ;)
historian ;) ;)

Ask a Question