iPhone 5 rumours *Now Confirmed - iPhone 4S*

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The origin scan was in Tamworth at around 3PM this afternoon, scheduled for delivery by end of tomorrow. Same for you?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I'm getting one too - woo! I currently have a Sony Ericsson K800i so it'll be quite a step up!! :blush:

That is not just an ordinary leap, it's a gargantuan leap :eek:

You'll never have to worry about communicating with Ian, you guy's will always be on the same page, err same phone! :fool:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Been doing lots of reading today and Youtube watching. I want one to, but I still have 6 months on my contract before I can upgrade, and I can't afford to buy one outright :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The origin scan was in Tamworth at around 3PM this afternoon, scheduled for delivery by end of tomorrow. Same for you?

Same, Tamworth about 1600 for me. Via UPS.

Though i meant are they coming direct from Apple or from a Network provider. Though i'd assume from Apple after see that? :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Though i meant are they coming direct from Apple or from a Network provider. Though i'd assume from Apple after see that? :)

Yeah, direct from Apple :thumb: - I've got an o2 Simplicity contract that I'm sticking to, as it works out much cheaper over 2 years to use my existing contract with a new phone. Bex went for a T-Mobile contract that seemed like a good deal (500MB/month should be enough I think).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, direct from Apple :thumb: - I've got an o2 Simplicity contract that I'm sticking to, as it works out much cheaper over 2 years to use my existing contract with a new phone. Bex went for a T-Mobile contract that seemed like a good deal (500MB/month should be enough I think).

Same here, i've been on a Vodafone simo plan for ages, it was a 12 month contract at the start, and its so much better value, even the VF rep on the phone said its the best way to do it! You get so much more for your money. Still works out cheaper doing that and buying the phone outright! :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That is not just an ordinary leap, it's a gargantuan leap :eek:

You'll never have to worry about communicating with Ian, you guy's will always be on the same page, err same phone! :fool:

That is very true!

Maybe we should facetime each other, it would save actually having to turn our heads... :lol:

Brilliant! I'd not seen that before!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Something worth noting..... Will probably be fixed in the next version or so i'd assume.

Watch how fast you can take photos!!!! :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
DELIVERED!!! :D

Looks nice, as i suspected, the volume buttons and the silent slider have moved, but its very marginal.

The Volume buttons are about 1mm lower and the switch is about 3mm lower.

Pics and stuff later if you wish.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh dear!

Why do Apple not supply a few beta models to selected groups so these bugs and flaws can get fixed before general release!
Look how long its taken to reveal that flaw, minutes probably..:rolleyes:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Oh dear!

Why do Apple not supply a few beta models to selected groups so these bugs and flaws can get fixed before general release!

What ? Are you mad ? If Apple were to do that, it would be like them admitting they have a few problems, more chance of it snowing in hell than them doing that :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago... wow, the Siri feature is really good... You can say things like "remind me to pick up milk when I leave home". As soon as you've left the house, it will alert you to buy milk (you can also ask it to remind you when you're near an address etc...).

V_R, try asking Siri to "open the pod bay doors". It may take a few attempts to work ;).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian: yeah Siri is quite good. Seems it don't like Uk places yet. But it is still beta essentially.

Am typing this from the pub and have been showing off Siri tus far! Lol

Evan: Siri is 4S only. :)

Edit: just missing my jailbreak atm..... :/

Ask a Question