iPhone 5 rumours *Now Confirmed - iPhone 4S*

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
FF 12 months and you'll be reading that about the iPhone 6, the iPhone 5 will be history.

But, whatever gets you off and if being fleeced every year for basically the same thing with a few cosmetic differences and reworked software is your thing then go for it :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Case company Hard Candy is busy manufacturing 50,000 cases for a mystery Apple device.

The device probably looks like the mockup above. It might be the iPhone 5 or a new, bigger iPod touch. It has a 4.44-inch diagonal screen, which is much larger than most observers are expecting for a new iPhone.

Whatever it is, Hard Candy expects Apple CEO Tim Cook to unveil the device at today’s press event. And the company is busy churning out a range of different cases that will be on store shelves when the device ships.

Hard Candy cases says it received identical data about the device from three sources. This is what they heard:

Large 4.44-inch screen.
It is significantly bigger than the iPhone 4, but the case tapers, making it feel a lot thinner.
Large, lozenge-shaped Home button (This is rumored to be integrated with new Assistant function, allowing tasks to be controlled by voice).

Is it the iPhone 5? Could be, but the screen size is much bigger than most observers are expecting. A 4.44-inch screen would make it significantly bigger that the iPhone 4, which has a 3.5-inch diagonal screen. It would be just a bit bigger than the HTC Evo 4G, one of the biggest Android smartphones on the market.

Hard Candy CEO Tim Hickman says it might be a new iPod touch. Maybe it’s an iPad mini: a smaller, cheaper device to rival the 7-inch Kindle that is likely to be a big hit this Christmas?

Whatever it is, only Apple knows for sure. Apple’s CEO Tim Cook is expected to unveil a new iPhone later today.
Read the rest at - http://www.cultofmac.com/120168/is-this-what-iphone-5-looks-like/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah shame that is.... I was looking forward to the iP5, but the 4s is still a nice upgrade from the iP4.

I was out for the event but was watching Twitter like a hawk!

Heres a video roundup of what was said.... :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
4S - read all about it

Apple's marketing boss Phil Schiller, after talking about new lower prices for the iPod, stayed on stage to launch the iPhone 4S. It looks identical to the iPhone 4.

Mr Schiller assured us that it was completely different inside - a better camera, longer battery life, faster data connections, and apparently it's got an even better antenna than its predecessor (eg it can actually make phone calls.)

One advantage - maybe there will be some cheaper used iPhone 4's around for me to buy ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
iphonevs.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Whitechapel Market £250 if you're not to fussed where it might have come from :D

They've gone up from the £150 you said they were at same market two weeks ago then?

And I'm afraid I am fussy about where goods come from, I refuse to buy something that some poor individual has been mugged or burgled for, probably some 14-year-old schoolchild.

So, I'll pass on that one.

An unlocked iPhone 4 on Ebay before the release of the 4S was around £375 to £425 btw.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting chart V_R - I like the look of the SII and the specs beat the iPhone 4s, but I just don't like Android as much as iOS (even though I would like to!).

I'm probably going to upgrade phones in the next few weeks, as my existing one is on its last legs - so I'll try out an Android phone, but I'm 90% sure I'll be going for the iPhone 4S.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian, I'm the same as you, i used to have an Android phone, Remember the Nexus One? But since having the iP4 and iOS i can go back to Android for various reasons, battery life, general feel of Android etc.

(**Edit: - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/google-nexus-one-launches-t3948225.html **)

Even though the specs are higher on the SII, real world usage you will honestly notice little if any difference. ;)

I actually got a SII to have a play with a few weeks ago now, (Got it cheap from a badly timed eBay auction) and while i love the bigger screen and the lightness of it, i just missed the polish of iOS. The battery on the SII was also rather bad, as with all Android phones i have seen and used. Friends have the original Galaxy, Wildfires etc. Fact is Android phones eat battery, the Android fanboys will say "OMG your using it wrong" (I've had this on other forums) Fact is I'm a heavy user, i need my phone to have a decent battery life simple as.

Anyway long story short the SII went back on eBay and i will be sticking to the iP4.

Will i get a 4S? Honestly? At the moment i'm not sure, but my GF thinks i will, and she knows me quite well! :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks V_R, that's really useful feedback as it confirms what I've been thinking about Android from someone who has tried all those phones. If I had the iPhone 4 already, it wouldn't be enough to make me upgrade but my phone is 3 years old and failing - so it looks like it will probably be the 4S :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If I may contribute... I have an HTC Wildfire atm and it's the only phone I've ever owned where the battery has actually gone flat on me. And I'm what I'd call a light user.

I've messed about with my daughter's iPhone4 and there's no contest in my eyes, I want an iPhone.

My problem is I'm locked into a contract with Virgin until May 2013 and buying an iPhone without a contract is expensive.

You could say I'm trapped :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Apple’s New iPhone Won’t Run. :lol:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/10...t-run-on-fastest-wireless-networks-–-sources/

... you'll need the new iPron 6, due out next year, maybe.

Regarding this, Skip to about 58 minutes to see what they have done regarding hte new clever antenna's. ;)

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/11piuhbvdlbkvoih10/event/index.html

Skip to about 52 mins to see the iP4S reveal.

I'm just watching the keynote now, man the more i watch it the more i want one.... :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If I may contribute... I have an HTC Wildfire atm and it's the only phone I've ever owned where the battery has actually gone flat on me. And I'm what I'd call a light user.

I've messed about with my daughter's iPhone4 and there's no contest in my eyes, I want an iPhone.

My problem is I'm locked into a contract with Virgin until May 2013 and buying an iPhone without a contract is expensive.

You could say I'm trapped :(

Just seen this, sorry flops. :)

My GF's got the Wildfire, and whilst is not the worst phone i've ever used, that honour would probably go the the Nokia N97, its certainly not great, i got it her for Xmas as her old phone was near death. TBH, i didn't try it out or anything i just picked it out of the hat so to speak, That phone must have one of the worst performing batteries ever! I kinda wish i'd got here something else now.... :/

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
iPhone 4S certainly looks nice! :drool:

Be interested to find out how Siri will work with our English accents, and slang..:nod:

Ask a Question