Iomega 100 MB Zip (1996 model)-XP. No recognition

G

I can't get XP to recognise Iomega Zip 100 MB drive. I'ved tried parallel adapter to serial port (I have no parallel port on my
new computer). No luck. Hardware not recognised. No luck with Iomega driver floppy either in external floppy. XP doesn't recognise the software.

I've tried to connect this Zip drive to a friend's HP computer, which has a parallel port, and a system floppy drive, but still no joy.

I've looked at Iomega site and trawled Knowledge Base, and various other sites. I found nothing of any help for XP.

Obviously, this is a simple hardware recognition issue, and I suppose I can buy a USB Iomega (250MB)
drive, and use the 100 MB cartridge in this. But, I'd rather solve this problem without shelling
out more money.

I'm writing a book, and Zip disk is only back up I have, after Gateway went belly up some
weeks ago.

R

Rick Merrill

simon said:
I can't get XP to recognise Iomega Zip 100 MB drive. I'ved tried parallel adapter to serial port (I have no parallel port on my
new computer). No luck. Hardware not recognised. No luck with Iomega driver floppy either in external floppy. XP doesn't recognise the software.

I've tried to connect this Zip drive to a friend's HP computer, which has a parallel port, and a system floppy drive, but still no joy.

I've looked at Iomega site and trawled Knowledge Base, and various other sites. I found nothing of any help for XP.

Obviously, this is a simple hardware recognition issue, and I suppose I can buy a USB Iomega (250MB)
drive, and use the 100 MB cartridge in this. But, I'd rather solve this problem without shelling
out more money.

I'm writing a book, and Zip disk is only back up I have, after Gateway went belly up some
weeks ago.

I think you must download the driver for XP. - RM

E

E.P. van Westendorp

If I understand right you are trying an Iomega Parallel ZIP-100 on your
computer with Windows XP via a parallel to serial adapter.
I would have been very amazed if that worked!

This ZIP-100 works in Windows XP when attached to a parallel port
without installing any Iomega software when using the by Iomega on it's
website recommended parallelport settings.
You could check the parallel port is switched off in Bios SetUp.
Many people switch off devices they don't use.
You could install a PCI parallel port card if you don't have one.

If you insist on using the 100MB ZIP disks maybe you could still buy one
of the old ATAPI ZIP-100's very cheap.

Ask a Question