Internet Speed Test

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting internet installed today in Sydney and wondered if anyone knew of a good way to check the ACTUAL speed of the connection rather than what they claim it is.

Thanks.

Bodhi

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
r4irts said:
google,it could solve your problem
:D

Thank you for that superb advice sir, you are truly a fountain of wisdom :)

Did everybody make a note of that? 'Use Google'. Excellent.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was going to comment earlier about that silly remark but thought it wise to just pipe down and keep quiet, or I may have said something I would have regretted..
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I was going to comment earlier about that silly remark but thought it wise to just pipe down and keep quiet, or I may have said something I would have regretted..
nod.gif

I shall use comedians as an analogy here and would liken some remarks to the Derek & Clive/Roy Chubby Brown/Jimmy Jones school of comedy whereas I'd like to think some remarks would fit in with a gentler vein of comedy such as Morecombe & Wise and The Two Ronnies.

One will note by my choice of Comedians that I have resided on this planet for quite some time now :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I shall use comedians as an analogy here and would liken some remarks to the Derek & Clive/Roy Chubby Brown/Jimmy Jones school of comedy whereas I'd like to think some remarks would fit in with a gentler vein of comedy such as Morecombe & Wise and The Two Ronnies.

One will note by my choice of Comedians that I have resided on this planet for quite some time now :)

Would have thought this guy was right up your street flops.

As for the ombibulous W.C. Fields, you’d think his place on comedy’s Mt. Olympus would be assured. But will future generations respond to the lazy drone of his rasping voice, his whiskey-glazed view of domestic life, his wonderfully ornate verbal flummery? Fields is a comedian for cynical men who love words, and unfortunately that market seems to grow slimmer with each passing decade.

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
nod.gif

Oh I did comment, and it took quite a bit of effort to restrain yself rom my normal sort of commentng.. Once the fool was banned though, I removed my comment..Weren't much point keeping it up...

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Do you remember Tony Hancock???
He was very funny, without being vulgar.....also i thought Tommy Cooper was possibly the funniest comedian ever....imo.
There aint enough laughter int world.;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Of course I remember Tony Hancock and Tommy Cooper. Charlie Drake too.

I remember going to the pictures to see a Tony Hancock film, 'The Sculptor' I think it was called. I was young, a lot of the humour went above my head I expect.

I was watching Tommy Cooper perform on TV - a B & W 24" TV I pulled out of a skip - when he collapsed and died.

Tommy Cooper was one of those rare funny men who only had to make an expression and you'd laugh. Few people possess that gift.

There is a lot of laughter in the world, it's just that it largely goes unnoticed or overlooked.

It's also good to cry now and again, never mind that male macho thing. Took me 40-odd years to realise that.

As I write this I am listening to Slayer's 'Seasons In The Abyss'. Most excellent, dude :D

Reaction score
What a weird tangent this thread has gone off on! haha.

I could have used Google, our 'friend' with his useful comment was kind of right. However, rather than search through Google results, it makes more sense (in my opinion) to ask the folk on here, as someone will have done this before and have something they are happy with. :)

Also, it provides a reference for people in the future.

Thanks for your help, I shall report back on my speed.

On the comedian front, I may not be as old as some of you, I would say a couple of my favourite comedians are...........Eddie Izzard and Frankie Boyle. :)

Reaction score
bodhi said:
What a weird tangent this thread has gone off on! haha.

Yes what a tangent, but this is PCR so you would expect no less wouldn't you..? Anyway those links I provided were from people I know down under...You might have read in other posts I have made I am a bit sceptical about Speedtest.net. The speeds I get from their test can be all over the shop. I am on an upto 8mb line with BT and normally get around 6.5mb most of the time and peak time (5pm till 11pm) it might drop to 4mb. But according to speedtest.net I am constantly running at 24mb...lol BT has upto 20mb in some areas, but not mine yet..So in esence I am a bit dubious about Speedtest.net...

And yes as our friend pointed out you could have Google'd, but as you so rightly pointed out it makes more sence to ask other folk for advice. Thats how I learn. I am like the 21 question man on speed. If you don't ask you won't get...:thumb:

Ask a Question