Internet Problem

Reaction score
My wife's PC has developed a problem with her Internet connection, after about 1/2 hour on the net Windows 7 comes up with a error message telling her that there is a problem and that the cable is disconnected. On reboot all is fine for the first 1/2 again then the problem repeats. Any thoughts anyone, could it be the settings or possibly the modem. My PC is also connected to the modem but I do not have any problems.

Reaction score
Have you tried maybe using a different ethernet card?

Checked the cable she is using?
Made sure they are seated properly into ports?
Swapped the ethernet ports? (maybe you have more than one?)

I'm sure there s a few other things people can come up with but its late and i'm ready for bed ;)

Reaction score
Thanks TriplexDread for you thoughts, as I have tried the usual things changing the cable, using a different port on the modem so now I have ordered a new Ethernet card from Aria.com. I will let you know how I get on and if that solves the problem.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks muckshifter I have on your advice just looked at the link you sent me. Ihave just ordered this from Aria.co.uk
[font='Calibri','sans-serif']1 x Netgear GA311GE 1000bt Gigabit PCI LAN Card.[/font]
[font='Calibri','sans-serif']Hopefully it will solve the problem, I cannot think of anything else.[/font]

Ask a Question