Windows XP Internet Explorer

Reaction score
Hi.
How can I turn off in the options of Browser(Internet Explorer) flash.
I could turn off pictures,animations,but I can't flash(swf).
What must I do.
Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You can't ... There are a couple utilities for Internet Explorer that let you turn Flash on and off. All they usually do is update a simple registry key.

If you don't mind miss going to likes of YouTube, it uses a flash 'plugin' to allow you play the files, then simply uninstall Flash.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

If, however, you use Firefox, then you can get an "add-on" that can disable Flash for that particular web page. IE has some to, but they ain't that good.

Adblock, an add-on for Firefox, is very good at blocking Flash ads. The unfortunate thing with adblockers though, is, that some Flash ads will still get through. And if a website is using 1x1 flash applets to track you from their own site (and get around the fact that you disable or delete your cookies for privacy reasons), an ad blocker won't help.

SpywareBlaster, a must have program for XP, provides an option to completely disable Flash animations in Internet Explorer. Also, this option will prevent Flash animations from trying to install Flash on your computer if you do not want it.

1. From SpywareBlaster, click the "Tools" tab on the left.

2. Click the "Flash Killer" tab on top.

3. Check "Disable and block Macromedia Flash # in Internet Explorer".

Note that without Flash, some webpages may not display or operate correctly, so change this setting with caution.

Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

user.gif

Ask a Question