internet explorer webpage error

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I hope one of you clever people can help me a problem Im having viewing web pages. Im using Vista and Internet Explorer ( I dont what version and cant find this info on my pc). Anyway all websites load ok but quite a few of them show the message 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage' and the internet explorer globe icon and a red X. This message is quite often across some of the text on the webpage so that I can only part read or view the page. I have tried clicking on the error message but there is no option to do anything.

As I have very little idea of what I am doing can anyone tell me how I can correct this in laymen's language please. :confused:

Reaction score
Hi EvanDavis
Thanks for reply. No I havent tried a different browser as I do like google uk. Is this the only way to stop this error?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi EvanDavis
as I do like google uk. I

Google UK would be a search engine, not a browser.

And no using a different browser won't solve the problem, but it will help work out if the problem is with Internet Explorer or with the sites you are visiting..

Reaction score
so you mean maybe change to google chrome then? As I mentioned I am not very PC adept. Im sure I once changed to firefox but got rid of it as it was so unfamiliar and I couldnt navigate it. I suppose I could try it on a temporary basis?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Google Chrome is the way to go, and I am sure many on this forum would agree with that :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
aye, Google Chrome user here ... can't tell you what IE looks like.

As Even said, trying a different browser would help eliminate if it's a website problem.

You can also have a look at THIS help site.

:user:

Ask a Question