Problem opening up PDF's off the internet

Reaction score
Hi,

Having a bit of a problem opening up PDF documents from the internet

I think it is caused by something in my internet settings or AVG anti-Virus.

For example, in the wesite link below when I click on the link which opens up a PDF (at the bottom of the webpage), the PDF window opens very quickly, so I briefly see it, then it closes straight away before I can view it or save it.

http://www2.royalmail.com/customer-...omers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Much appreciated.

Fi

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
First off, run Crap Cleaner.

If you're using the Adobe PDF reader, uninstall it. Then install Foxit PDF Reader being careful not to install any Google toolbars or whatever during installation.

Then uninstall AVG and install either Antivir or Avast anti virus software, they're both good but Antivir has a popup each time it auto-updates.

Another free antivirus program is Microsoft's own Security Essentials. I'm using that on one of my machines but I honestly don't know how effective it is.

If you still have the problem after that lot then take a good look at your browser settings and look for any settings that might affect reading online PDF Documents.

Ask a Question