Windows 7 Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage

Reaction score
Hello

There is an issue that I've seen on computers intermittently getting "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" when you first pull up a site, but then when you refresh the page it comes up fine. Except you have to do this for about half of the websites that you go to.

I've seen this issue on Windows XP, Vista, and now Windows 7 with version 6, 7, and 8 or I.E. I usually just ignore the problem and blame it on a crappy computer. I had an 11 year old computer at home with this issue, and also messages that the web pages have timed out. I just accepted it as "one of those things".

However now the issue is occuring on a new Windows 7 laptop computer, one of many identical computers that we have at work, all on the same network, all have the same group policy restrictions (can't install anyting at all = no spyware) and it's only happening on this ONE.

Are there any known issue about this occuring? Any ideas as to what could cause something like this?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
all have the same group policy restrictions (can't install anyting at all = no spyware)

Sounds like a job for your IT Admin. If you do not have administrator access to your machine, you will not get very far in troubleshooting.

The situation you describe sounds vaguely like an issue with the company firewall. My firewall is currently set to advise, but the user can still get to the site. (it's logged when that happens, so i know exactly which computer and at what time it happens) Perhaps, this is what is happening here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd like to know if any Malware got into your Internet Options and screwed around with your Proxy.

Ask a Question