Windows XP Internet Browsers

What internet browser to you use the most?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Mozilla

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Netscape

• Other - please state in the thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
i still use IE, i read a lot of thing about IE - such as security problem !

i have considered get 1 of the other pograms - but can't be bother downloading them and find out how they work and so on

think i'll stick with what i know best

Reaction score
Ive just installed the 1.7 version of Mozilla (previously IE)

I had to do a security patch update.. but it was quite a small size file

I really do like this browser.. and will most likley become my browser of choice
im going to keep IE on my system for a while before it gets a one way ticket to the recycle bin... just incase i discover some nightmares with Mozilla.. Although i doubt i will..:)

The good points i noticed immediately

The page loading time.... Allot quicker indeed.. this in itself will make browsing much more enjoyable

Themes and Skins.... To add a nice personal touch...( I dont know if you can with IE.. I never found out how, if you could, No need now..:) )

A host of other things.. like a cookie manager.. I havent got the best out of this yet im still exploring this piece of software

Im just praying that its stable and wont crash or lockup as much as IE did

From what i first see.. Im very very impresed.....:)

Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
Ive just installed the 1.7 version of Mozilla (previously IE)

I really do like this browser.. and will most likley become my browser of choice
im going to keep IE on my system for a while before it gets a one way ticket to the recycle bin...

I would keep IE for the simple reason that some web designers do not write a universal platform and therefore only IE works. These are few and far between and many Mozilla fans claim to have boycotted the non-Mozilla sites.

Thats all very well if they are not vital to your business or personal banking, for example.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Spooky,

No matter how much you like Mozilla it is not a good idea to get rid of IE as it is integral part of Windows.

Some of the basic functions are still executed through IE like Windows Update so leave it there. IE should be considered as a standby in case of problems you encounter with Mozilla (althought unlikely) and need to fix it but in a hurry to check something on the web.

I am glad that feedback is being given on this thread. Thanks

Reaction score
If you have voted for a Browser but upgraded please put this in the thread. It will be worthwhile not only to see what Browsers people use but also if any people have been converted :)

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the advice..

I will take it and keep IE hidden away and use it as a secondary if needed.. :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
newbuilder said:
If you have voted for a Browser but upgraded please put this in the thread. It will be worthwhile not only to see what Browsers people use but also if any people have been converted :)
100% agree with you :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chris,

This is the first time for me to know from someone that Mozilla is slower than IE. Normally the speed of Mozilla is twice as fast as IE. Not sure what others feel here who have download it for the first time.

Spooky, has mentioned it in his post above that it is a lot faster.

Try to tweak the configuration and see where the fault lies, If you use a proxy address, you need to manually feed the data in the Mozilla preferences.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes but to minimise and use EI is slower, and i hate EI anyway because of stupid pop-ups and toolbars, my aol is customised so i can get on websites with one click, it stores websites so i can go back to them the speed of broadband and aol topspeed is impressive, has never let me down compared to EI, it even compresses pictures so they load up faster and this is all really easy to control. That does it for me im afraid, i even oredered 1mbps with them.

Ask a Question