Windows XP Internet Browsers

What internet browser to you use the most?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Mozilla

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Netscape

• Other - please state in the thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
With the announcement a couple of months back about Internet Explorer having a lot of flaws in it, I thought it would be interesting to set a poll to see who uses what.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I still like IE, Firefox would be my 2nd choice - although IE displays everything correctly (even though it probably shouldn't).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Its Mozilla for me. After the SP2 update I tried IE but still prefer Mozilla.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
IE, mostly. Thinking about trying the Google toolbar to block pop-ups, but haven't tried it yet.

I quite like Opera but I've found it views some sites quite strange, like, different colours and things. Also I don't like the constant ad in top right, but I'm blowed if I'll pay for a browser just to lose the ads.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
IE, mostly. Thinking about trying the Google toolbar to block pop-ups, but haven't tried it yet.
After I went through the SP2 upgrade on my laptop I tried IE and was surprised that it now has the pop up ad blocker. A nice touch. But, I stick to Mozilla!

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't installed SP2 yet. I did try the Beta for a while on a machine where I knew I was going to upgrade HDD and thus lose that version of Win XP.

Reason I haven't upgraded is I've been noticing lots of reports about it hosing Nero 6.0 and also folks having trouble accessing some online games, such as Warcraft III.

I shall wait a while.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
IE6

XP SP2, including Google pop-up-blocker AND IEs own. Really like that one. :thumb:

Nero 6.3.1.20 ... no problems
;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Nero 6.3.1.20 ... no problems
;)
Really? OK, thanks for that, that's the version I have. I shall try SP2 on one machine and see what occurs.

I shall back up first though ;)

I already have SP2 burnt to a CD, so, in the morning - let's live dangerously :D

Reaction score
IE.. is the only thing i have known....... this im used to..... although in told that it has more security flaws than swiss cheese...

(Hummm Pauses to think about Cheese for a moment.. bieng a mouse and all that)

What Internet browser is recomended?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
What Internet browser is recomended?
Looking at the Poll Results Mozilla is second best, that is what I use, why not give it a try and see if you feel comfortable with it. You can always uninstall it if you do not like it, nothing to loose really :)
Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. And now your homepage can be multiple tabbed pages.

Popup blocker lets you surf the web without intrusion. Advanced popup blocker notifies you when popups are blocked. You can also block pop-ups on a site per site basis.

Image Manager lets you block images to block offensive images or to speed up the rendering of web sites.

Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.

Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.

Get the latest version by following the link

Mozilla Browser

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well i use IE, always have and probably always will.

I've tried to get SP2 but havent had lany luck!

I have auto updates on like it says but it hasent done a thing :(.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Well i use IE, always have and probably always will.

I've tried to get SP2 but havent had lany luck!

I have auto updates on like it says but it hasent done a thing :(.
SP2's not actually available to the 'public' yet, odd as it may seem, gawd knows why, it's certainly finished. I have a copy on CD...... um.... PM?

And Quad, I've just downloaded Mozilla, will give it a try tomorrow, I've heard too many good things about it to ignore it.

Reaction score
Another good thing about Mozilla is that you download a standard version and then add via a download page any other things you need.

E.G If you don't use ActiveX then it's not downloaded at the start. When you need it it is onl=y a few clicks away to be downloaded and then it stays with you, avoiding clogging up the HDD.

Firefox is going even further by having just the skeleton of the browser and you add things like the choice of search engines that are integrrated.

Reaction score
SP2's not actually available to the 'public' yet, odd as it may seem, gawd knows why, it's certainly finished. I have a copy on CD...... um.... PM?

yes it is!

my windows update detected it was availiable and it downloaded it automatically and took me through the installation program!

i now have the REAL copy

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
All those who download and try Mozilla, will you please be kind enough to post your initial impressions here on the thread?

Post what you like and what you don't so that it may be helpful for all others as well. Let this thread be informative.

Thanks guys!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
yes it is!

my windows update detected it was availiable and it downloaded it automatically and took me through the installation program!

i now have the REAL copy
Is it really?

Well Hot Diggity Dawg and slap me on the belly with a wet fish :eek:

Now there's a thing.

And Quad, yes, OK, will do :)

Ask a Question