Windows XP Installscript Engine

Reaction score
Hey,

Having A Bit Of A Problem With Installing Some Software.

After Running The Installer Package The Following Error Message Appears:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: The Installscript Engine Is Missing From This Machine.
If Available, Please Run Isscript.msi, Or Contact Your Support Personnel For Further Assistance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does This Appear To Be A Problem With My Operating System (xp Home Sp2) Or With The Installer Package Itself?

Any Ideas On How I Could Fix/resolve This Problem?

Thanks,

P.s Thanks To Everyone Who Helped Me With Choosing A New System A Couple Of Weeks Ago.

Dan

Reaction score
Cheers,

The web page you link to above says;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To fix this issue, you need to determine the version number of the IsScript engine you need, download it, and install it.

1. Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver from the machine.

-DON'T HAVE THIS FOLDER!!

2. Right-click on the installation file that you are trying to install and select Properties.
* The typical names for installation files are setup.exe, update.exe, installer.exe, etc.

-MINE IS A WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE

* Your installation file can be found on the CD where you are running the setup from.

3. In the Properties dialog, click on the Version tab.

-IT DOESN'T HAVE A VERSION TAB!

4. Look at the File Version field to determine the version number of the IsScript engine you need:
* If the file version number is 2.0x or less, download the IKernel engine and install it on your computer.
o Download IkernelUpdate.exe
o Once downloaded, double-click it. This installs the IKernel engine, which should fix the issue.
* If the file version number starts with 7, download the following ISScript.msi file and install it on your computer.
o Download IsScript7x.zip
o Unzip the above file using the WinZip utility.
o Double-click the IsScript.msi file. This installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue.
* If the file version number starts with 8, download the following IsScript8.msi file and install it on your computer.
o Download IsScript8.zip
o Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue.
* If the file version number starts with 9, download the following IsScript9.msi file and install it on your computer.
o Download IsScript9.zip
o Double-click the IsScript9.msi file. This installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue.

-I DON'T HAVE A VERSION TAB BUT I DO HAVE;

SUMMARY--ORIGIN--REVISION NUMBER--= {9C4F01DA-7420-489C-8548-A23C7F2DC2F1}

I TRIED DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE ISSCRIPT 9 FILE BUT IT DIDNT CHANGE THE INSTALLATION ERROR!

ANY IDEAS?

THANKS

DAN

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What is the actual software you are trying to install?

Reaction score
The software is Solid Edge v.12. It's an older version of some CAD software I use a lot at university.

The installation CD's (2 of them) wouldn't load on my laptop for some reason-the CD drive didn't even see them so I copied the installation files onto my external hard drive from a mate's computer and it installed fine from there. That was like 2 to 3 years ago and since then I've misplaced (or thrown out) the CD's and a couple of weeks ago my system crashed. I tried installing the software from the external hdd again but the above problem occured.

Cheers,

Dan

On a seperate note I used Tuneup utilities 2006 trial-some freeware downloaded from download.com. I ran a few of the utilities and it seemed to really speed up my system-whether this is true or not is another thing. I then ran the registry optimizer utility and once and it said I would need to restart my computer-so I did-however it kept rebooting, over and over again. I left it for an hour and it was still the same. Since then i've used factory reset to set my computer back to it's original factory settings. Do you think this was a problem with the Tuneup software or my system or both?

thanks.

Reaction score
hey everyone,

i got the same problem as " djjones69", when i try to install " Macromedia Professional Flash 8", there is a message appear on my screen exactly the same as djjones69 got above. i did search some websites on the internet how to fix this problem, most of them say i have to download the exactly version install shield script engine for the program which i am trying to install ( Macromedia Professional Flash 8 ). but unfortunately, i can't find the " install shield script engine version 4 " for the program. do you guys have any idea where i can download that file..?? if there is another way to fix it, plz help me.. ( btw, my pc also has some other versions of installshield script engine such as 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, why do these versions can fix the problem? ?)

thanks a lot

Ask a Question