Installer won't recognize any .msi packages???

xena222

Hi there - I have been having an issue with windows installer - each time I
try to run a .msi package - I get the following error message:

**The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package
exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.**

I know that the package I am trying to open is valid - one of them was
actually the installer clean up package from Microsoft (which I can't open to
do the clean up, so please don't recommend that one.)
I have tried unregistering and registering as well as uninstalling and
reinstalling the Installer from Microsoft - as well as attempting Safe Mode
- which won't open installers. . .I REALLY DON'T want to do a clean Windows
install and lose everything on the computer - please help me!! Thanks!!!

xena222

pcbutts1 said:
Update Windows with the latest version of Windows Installer.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en

Hi - and thanks for offering to help - I installed this update, and still got the same error - I uninstalled and tried to reinstall with the new update, and the error is still there when I try to open any .msi - any other suggestions please?? Thanks!!