Installation of Flight Simulator Problem

Hey,
Anyway my comp is being really retarded lately. For some reason the computer
keeps on shutting down randomly when ever i try to install Flight Simulator.
I know it cant be the system requirement, cause I custom build my system and
it exceeds all the requirements. I tryed to test the DVD Drive, but it
checked out ok. Its getting really annoying. I scanned my comp for viruses
and spy ware, there were none. Now after I installed this game, I cant use
any of my other purely DVD cds. System restore didnt even help me. I asked
Microsoft, but they didnt help me at all. It really gets frustrating when it
ask me to put in the second cd though. I put the second CD in the drive and
press ok. It does nothing and sometimes shuts down the system. When it
reboots it says there was a serious error that occured. Can someone help me?

Patrick Keenan

"Flight Simulator X major problem" <Flight Simulator X major
Hey,
Anyway my comp is being really retarded lately. For some reason the
computer
keeps on shutting down randomly when ever i try to install Flight
Simulator.
I know it cant be the system requirement,

But it can be the hardware failing, or some other crash. Basic system
requirements are benchmarks.

Does it just shut off, or does it restart?

If it shuts off, is it hard to get it started again?
cause I custom build my system and
it exceeds all the requirements. I tryed to test the DVD Drive, but it
checked out ok. Its getting really annoying. I scanned my comp for viruses
and spy ware, there were none. Now after I installed this game, I cant use
any of my other purely DVD cds.

What happens? Are there any error messages?
System restore didnt even help me. I asked
Microsoft, but they didnt help me at all. It really gets frustrating when
it
ask me to put in the second cd though. I put the second CD in the drive
and
press ok. It does nothing and sometimes shuts down the system. When it
reboots it says there was a serious error that occured. Can someone help
me?

Knowing what the serious error was, would help. Details on this will
likely be in the system event logs.

HTH
-pk

Pretty old post, but I've had a similar problem...
You could try using an older version of flight sim (worked for me), or use a
different disc - if you have a bad disc, or a second hand one, it wouldn't
work as well as a new one in perfect condition, obviously.
You've probably fixed it or given up by now, though.