PC for Flight Simulator

Reaction score
All,
Looking to buy all the following componenet to build my first PC; plan on using it to install Flight Simulator and use it as a blue ray player for my 42" HD TV.

• Operating Systems Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
  • Processors Intel® Core™ i7-970 Six Core Processor (3.23GHz, 12MB Cache)
  • Memory 12GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 4GB) Triple Channel Memory 12G133D
  • Video Cards Tri-CrossFireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 AT36950
  • Hard Drives 300GB - SATA 3Gb/s, 10k RPM, 16MB Cache HDD
  • Optical Drives Dual Drives: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (BD-ROM; DVD/CD Burner) and DVDRW PBDCDVD
  • 2nd Hard Drive 1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD 1TBS
Can you please advice on the other component that i need like case, power supply, cooling system, wires, etc.

Thank you

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Too much emphasis on Graphics cards and memory, not enough emphasis on hard drives.

Compromise on vid cards and memory (dual card Xfire and 4Gb would be fine) and get the biggest SSD hard drive for your primary drive that you can afford. That will give a more noticeable speed performance.

Unless you loaded of course in which case get everything you've listed plus a big SSD drive.

Power supplies? At least 650W, Corsair, Seasonic, OCZ. Cases? personal preference, really, I like Antec.

Reaction score
Thanks; you got it right the first time :) I am not loaded YET!! I will keep you posted on my new shopping list.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Reaction score
OK Now this is what i was thinking; get a half descent PC and then upgrade it.

The PC i have in mind is
Processor Pentium D 3400 MHz Hard Drive 400Gig Serial ATA Memory 4096mb DDR2 Optical Drive DVD-RW Form Factor Mini Tower Operating System Windows 7
Once I get this PC i will but a primary SSD 120 GB and "ATI Radeon HD 3800 DVI(2) 512MB PCI Express Video Card"

Will this work with Flight Simulate X ? I what to build this PC for this game only any nothing else.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That system will easily run FSX, my system runs it comfortably (click on tab to see my spec).

Two vid cards not worth the money, better to buy one higher specced vid card, better performance for the money.

Reaction score
All,
Looking to buy all the following componenet to build my first PC; plan on using it to install Flight Simulator and use it as a blue ray player for my 42" HD TV.

• Operating Systems Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
  • Processors Intel® Core™ i7-970 Six Core Processor (3.23GHz, 12MB Cache)
  • Memory 12GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 4GB) Triple Channel Memory 12G133D
  • Video Cards Tri-CrossFireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 AT36950
  • Hard Drives 300GB - SATA 3Gb/s, 10k RPM, 16MB Cache HDD
  • Optical Drives Dual Drives: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (BD-ROM; DVD/CD Burner) and DVDRW PBDCDVD
  • 2nd Hard Drive 1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD 1TBS
Can you please advice on the other component that i need like case, power supply, cooling system, wires, etc.

Thank you

Do you really need all those high specifications for a simple game like flight simulator like 12GB RAM memory seems a bit much etc unless you are just trying to build a so called super computer and if so crack on thats going to be quite some system when its done.

Ask a Question