Windows XP System Reboot Problems when opening MS Flight Simulator X

Reaction score
Help!

I was able to open and play MS Flight Simulator X over the past several months on my old harddrive which recently crashed.

Circuit City serviced it and idenitifed mechanical HD failure and replaced it with a brand new HD. They did load MS XP and other necessary files to properly run it. I reinstalled the MS Flight Simulator X a couple of times on this new HD and every time I try to open up MS Flight Simulator X my system shuts down and reboots automatically. All other types of files can be opened without any problems except for MS Flight Sim X.

Getting a little frustrated to say the least!

Thanks in advance for your help!

KG

Reaction score
Are we talking about a Laptop or a PC?

If a Laptop I would recommend you check it meets with the specifications needed to run that software
If indeed a PC then again check your specifications. If you are well below what is needed your PC/Laptop may well crash or come to a horrifying slowdown

Just because you have MS XP does not mean you meet minimum hardware requirements

Minimum Requirements

Windows XP with SP2 / Vista
1GHz Processor
56MB RAM for XP / 512MB RAM for Vista
14GB HDD Space
32MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9 compatible)
Sound Card
Speakers or headphones
Mouse and keyboard
56.6Kbps or better modem for online play
DVD-ROM Drive
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.

I have no idea why it has 56MB RAM for XP and only 512MB RAM for Vista. That may well be a typo!!
One thing is for certain i'm sure the game would be at a complete crawl with those specs

Oh yes Welcome to the forum it would be nice if you went and introduced yourself :)

Thankyou

TD

Last edited:
Reaction score
TD

Thanks for the quick response! I am having problems with my desktop PC (Sony VAIO PCV-RS630G). These are the specs below...

Intel Pent 4 / 3.2 GHz Processor
Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP 3
512 MB PC-3200 400 mHz DDR
ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB
Sound Card / Speakers
DVD-ROM Drive
Recently replaced 250 GB HDD (mechanical failure) with 320 GB HDD

It may be simple to fix but I am not computer savy enough to figure it out.......

Thanks in advance!

KG

Ask a Question