Windows XP BSOD while gaming

Reaction score
God, this thing is a nightmare...I'm about ready to throw the damn thing out.

My system has been restarting for no apparent reason while on certain games. Not really these hardcore, processor hungry games, just mostly casual stuff like Sim City 4 or Flight Simulator X (Now FSX I can understand..keep reading) It even crashed on Flight Simulator 98!!!

Well, after spending hours uninstalling and reinstalling the games over and over again and with the same results, I switched off restart at system failure and got this bluescreen on FSX. These games have worked perfectly before, mind you. I don't have any blue screen info on the other games, they have been uninstalled for now.

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

TECH INFO
***STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x730C4D22, 0x83459148)"

(I'm sure you know what the rest looks like.)

WHAT THE HELL DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN?!

I've got a dxdiag file attached. READ AWAY

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    50 KB · Views: 183
Reaction score
It just says "If this is the first time you've seen this message, check that all hardware is properly inserted, etc." Nothing that I think is important. But if you MUST then I will write it down.

BTW got another BSOD. FSX again. Specifically when throttle is 100% or right after takeoff. Heli works fine though. Same applies to FS98.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

BAD_POOL_HEADER

TECH INFO
***STOP: 0x0000019 (0x0000020, 0x83A09B20, 0x83A09c56, 0x0A270005)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There is usually more to the error messages and that is what I was looking for.

However, what you just posted is a different error from your original one.

BAD_POOL_HEADER Stop errors are usually associated with a bad driver, in your case though, I would be looking for a bad memory chip.

What is the spec of the PC?

:user:

Ask a Question