Install Shield R Set Up Launcher - IT WORKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Install Shield R Setup Launcher Can someone please tell me in detail with clear instructions, from start to end how to delete this program from my windows XP as i am a non computer person. Start>settings>control panel>add and remove programs>webcam program (USB PC Camera-Mikomi)>delete>but it cannot be deleted!

When I click into a webcam program(model Mikomi) which I want to remove, a message comes up in a box which says,
"Install Shield R Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How can I get rid of this install shield R setup launcher, if that is what I have to do. Then perhaps, I will be able to remove the webcam program from the 'add and remove programs' in the control panel. That install shield R setup launcher is preventing me from deleting the webcam program! Can i do this without purchasing any cleanup utility programs? Thank you. UK.

Reaction score
Install Shield R Setup Launcher - RESULTS!

Very Pleased results now - For Install Shield R Setup Launcher I returned the Mikomi webcam as the program was corrupt. It did not work....but I realised a problem after returning it......could not uninstall the webcam program (Mikomi)..........Webcam (Mikomi) did not have its uninstall program.

The web cam program (Mikomi) was corrupt and therefore interefered with my driver and the Installshield, which was originally installed by Microsoft Windows, for Wizard Installation Setup purposes. (I did not know that installshield R Setup Launcher cannot be removed.) But this is what I did.....

Effective Results produced: I went to Dell manufacturers as my computer is from them and this female software engineer at their call centre in India did a fantastic job........spent two hours+ on remote assistance and removed it!!!! (Dell: from UK:0870 908 0800, have service tag ready which is found at the back of the computer seven digit which ends in "J", and you will be required to sit in front of your computer as they will talk through with you). Ask them if they can phone you back on your mobile (connected to mic and ear piece). The Dell centre in
Ireland was awful. Arrogance and uncaring attitude came across!!! They do NOT provide detailed and conscientious customer care as the ones in India do, PLUS they produce EFFECTIVE results! India is taking over in technology due to in-depth and caring customer services provided by the Indian people.........quality websites too designed by them for a much smaller sum........ How can you argue back with this? I received no help from Mikomi. The website they provided in the instruction leaflet knew nothing about them!!!! The email for support ((e-mail address removed)) bounced back!!! I had copied it before returning it.

Another way to do was to re-install the program and while the software disc was inside, then uninstall the Mikomi webcam program from the control panel. This perhaps may have worked too. The software engineer downloaded the Mikomi webcam program and used it to uninstall it. How she did that, I do not know? Excellent job done by Dell software engineer (based in India)!

Also, the manager of the UK store (Argos) had agreed to let me have the Mikomi webcam software disc to use it to uninstall it, to see if it worked. I did not need it then.

I did use the safe mode too (while starting up press F8 key down and keep it down for a while until the safe mode page comes up. arrow up or down to the safe mode and work in that mode..... start>settings>control panel>add or remove program......or whatever you wish to do..... Best wishes. Xmas time. I hope you have learnt something from all this.

I now have got Logitech (Resolution 1.3MP) with headset and lapel mic>very easy to set up but no instructions for non computer people, on how to use it eg taking photos and video pictures, saving them, etc. My advice: do not open Logitech Quickcam (from desktop) while using Windows Live Messenger or Skype. It will not work. One program at a time. Now, mine works, and that too UK Dell software engineer helped me out as an extra and told me what I was doing wrong. Just imagine! Can you complain about them?

Last edited:
Reaction score
sarahuk said:
I hope you have learnt something from all this.
Yes, you cant use a pc:p
Hope your going to be a good girl this time & not go round insulting us all like last time!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Install Shield R Setup Launcher - RESULTS PRODUCED!

You don't insult me and I will not insult you back, young man or young heart..........."Hilly Billy" chuckling...........

Wisdom: All five fingers are not the same;peoples' personalities are not the same either. Just do not go and tell them what is wrong with them.It means that person is not your "cup of tea".Just stay away from them. Happy New Year with wisdom. BYE. Waving...........Take care.
happywave.gif

Go and have fun talking free PC to PC, chat or phone call >on Skype.com>download free of charge - the latest version (Skype 3.0)>register>place your birthday, age, country and interest>place on SkypeMe mode>wait for results!>someone might end up selecting you (from Contact>Search Skype users List)>or you can go and make your own choice according to country, age and gender

Suggestion for registeration: use a sensible Skype name, (cannot be changed), then people may want to talk to you).

........and this is why I got a webcam with headset and mic........heeheehee ...........
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ladies, Skype warning....some are using false westernised names, countries and location, to get attention from women.

Last edited:

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Have I missed something - I didn't think the post was that bad. I read it as someone who had a problem, resolved it and passed the details on albeit in a slightly unusual manner :confused:

Covenant

Just read some previous posts and the penny dropped!

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Its a new year folks, best to start on a good foot... and this goes to EVERYONE :D

Reaction score
Install Shield R Setup Launcher - RESULTS! BUT NOT BY PCREVIEW!

I dont need help now as suggested by one of the above, Feckit. Thanks anyway for the offer.

I came back to give information to others, who NEED it and who would not have to search for information as I had to. And to let PC Review realise that people can easily get help from elsewhere....... Thank you for the sensible and MATURE users and soundminded feedback.

I did not fly to India (and would not mind a break though......)......... but imported India's intelligent brains into PC Review.....isnt this what this site badly needs?????
nod.gif
nod.gif
nod.gif

If I had mentioned that USA Dell had resolved the issue for me, would you have made the same comment? I bet not! Jealous of Indian fast-moving technology or you knew nothing about it until today???? They produce results!!! What results has PC Review produced???? None for me!

The world is using Indian technology brain, including the USA! Why not yours ??? Watch BBC News.

"Fine words can can hide a wicked heart. A shiny gloss can cover a breaking claypot".................... isnt this what is happening to this site?

PC review is just full of big-headed and senseless wired up arguments! Just trying to change peoples' thinking when it is "you" who needs to allow different views, tones and thinking, even if one of the moderators finds it COLD! Some people just cannot take one being straight-forward.

I have been to other forums and got some good results. Nothing from this site. Just a waste of thick headed arguments. Nothing interesting to learn.......Stop being so childish!.......or brain cells diminishing?........ It seems same thinking heads running this site!

"Birds of same feathers flock together" (feathers>foolish mindset)

Goodbye and make it final!!! Lot of thinking to do for the moderators.......;)(winking) :confused: (Confused still?) Happy New Years Day and a resourceful year ahead. :thumb:

I hope it was a learning thread (or curve!) for some. I wish someone had given me the thread information I have presented with. Then, no such fight-back hassles.
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
(Three cheers!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does your Social Worker allow you to use the internet?
"Lot of thinking to do" blimey thats going to be tricky for you to do
happywave.gif

See your still logged on, are you not doing what Norman Tebbit once said, on yer bike!

Reaction score
I dont need help now as suggested by one of the above, Feckit. Thanks anyway for the offer.

I came back to give information to others, who NEED it and who would not have to search for information as I had to. And to let PC Review realise that people can easily get help from elsewhere....... Thank you for the sensible and MATURE users and soundminded feedback.

I did not fly to India (and would not mind a break though......)......... but imported India's intelligent brains into PC Review.....isnt this what this site badly needs?????
nod.gif
nod.gif
nod.gif

If I had mentioned that USA Dell had resolved the issue for me, would you have made the same comment? I bet not! Jealous of Indian fast-moving technology or you knew nothing about it until today???? They produce results!!! What results has PC Review produced???? None for me!

The world is using Indian technology brain, including the USA! Why not yours ??? Watch BBC News.

"Fine words can can hide a wicked heart. A shiny gloss can cover a breaking claypot".................... isnt this what is happening to this site?

PC review is just full of big-headed and senseless wired up arguments! Just trying to change peoples' thinking when it is "you" who needs to allow different views, tones and thinking, even if one of the moderators finds it COLD! Some people just cannot take one being straight-forward.

I have been to other forums and got some good results. Nothing from this site. Just a waste of thick headed arguments. Nothing interesting to learn.......Stop being so childish!.......or brain cells diminishing?........ It seems same thinking heads running this site!

Goodbye and make it final!!! Lot of thinking to do for the moderators.......;)(winking) :confused: (Confused still?) Happy New Years Day and a resourceful year ahead. :thumb:

I hope it was a learning thread (or curve!) for some. I wish someone had given me the thread information I have presented with. Then, no such fight-back hassles.
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
(Three cheers!)

[/QUOTE] If MS had to invent a new technology, it would be one where we can detect in advance if A brain on the internet is worth bothering with.......

Last edited:
Reaction score
murdoch said:
happywave.gif

See your still logged on, are you not doing what Norman Tebbit once said, on yer bike!

Keep your social worker in his/her job!!!!......meaning.... as a thick head may not understand........without you NO JOB for him/her (social worker)........perhaps you need the bike .....to refresh your brains, if any!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
sarahuk said:
Keep your social worker in his/her job!!!!......meaning.... as a thick head may not understand........without you NO JOB for him/her........perhaps you need the bike .....to refresh your brains, if any!
I think you have a problem with your attitdue Lady towards others on this forum.
I would tell you what to do but your talking out of it already!

Could a mod just lock this thread and get it over with!

Reaction score
sarahuk said:

I did not fly to India (and would not mind a break though......)......... but imported India's intelligent brains into PC Review.....isnt this what this site badly needs????? https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/nod.gif https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/nod.gif https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/nod.gif

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/happywave.gif https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/happywave.gif https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/happywave.gif (Three cheers!)

Disgree with you there sarah.

I myself got alot of help from pcreview.

Plus i hate speaking to people in india for help.

Look at this quot: If I had mentioned that USA Dell had resolved the issue for me, would you have made the same comment? I bet not! Jealous of Indian fast-moving technology or you knew nothing about it until today???? They produce results!!! What results has PC Review produced???? None for me!

Indian fast moving technology, you must be joking sarah?

you should try speaking to aol,bt,dell in indian,etc.

I get better result speaking to someone from the uk.

One guy in dell indian told me to remove my harddrive to test a power switch.

Alot of people are having trouble with tech guys in indian, they read from a book.

Last edited:
Reaction score
murdoch said:
happywave.gif

I used my thinking to research and produced results......what results can you produce? keep the social works dept (mental health) running......hey
nod.gif
nod.gif
nod.gif

What can you produce for this country, for economic growth????........

Reaction score
PLEASE can a mod lock this thread or ban the women!

How much more of her crap do we have to read!

PS: My company turned over a sizeable profit last year.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
murdoch said:
PLEASE can a mod lock this thread or ban the women!

How much more of her crap do we have to read!
Gladly.

Sarah, if you want help please ask politely, you may find you get more help that way.

We have lots of very knowledgeable people here who if you didn't insult may have replied to your posts....In your first few posts you insulted one of our most senior and experienced members. Great first impression that was.

Frankly if you don't like it here then go somewhere else. Don't worry we wont miss you.
nod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question